47• Flowers, painted across the night sky

Lou cupped Therese's face, leaning in to kiss her.

"Lou!" Therese snapped.

"What?"

"You are drunk. No, you are absolutely wasted. And we both know it's not what you want. I'm not what you want. So stop this."

Lou looked at Therese. Her ocean blues pierced Therese's green orbs. She'd been crying. Therese knew her well enough by now to know. "You look awful!"

The blonde looked down. Alcohol has clearly fogged her brain.

"What is it Lou, what happened?"

Therese was taken by surprise when Lou pinned her to the wall. Her hands were on either side of her shoulders. Staring down at her. But Therese knew Lou wasn't really looking at her. Her mind was elsewhere. "Lou," Therese warns but the blonde remains unfazed. "Debbie is watching us. Stop this."

Debbie? Lou scoffed.

As if she would ever care.

Lou wanted to kiss Therese and fuck her senselessly in front of Debbie. And watched the brunette, if it would spark even just a tiny bit of jealousy in her. Lou wanted to return the favor. The jealousy she felt that was ripping her heart apart. She saw Debbie with her head comfortably resting on the shoulder of the man who owns the oceanfront house next to hers. Her arms were around his waist.

Lou wanted to look away, she needed to, but she couldn't. She was clearly a masochist because she just stood there staring at the woman she would give the world to. It was just like the last time, she uttered.

Lou swore she could feel her heart physically break as she watched the man next to Debbie brush his fingers through her long wavy hair. It stings and makes her stomach twist. She'll have to admit the man had the looks. And it irked her more.

Debbie had everything. Lou has nothing to offer that the brunette doesn't already have. Hell, she doesn't even have the millions of dollars oceanfront house like where they are staying that Debbie owns. How can I make her stay with me? Lou felt so small.

The blonde took a shaky breath and dropped her hands. Therese let out a sigh of relief. But when Lou snaked her arms around her waist and dropped her head on her shoulders she instantly knew Lou needed her. She hugged her back and brushed her fingers through her blonde locks. She should have kept an eye on how many drinks Lou served herself.

"She didn't love me. This is something I've known for over ten years," Lou laughs humorlessly. "Of course, I knew that. I accepted it. But it's strange how after all these years it still hurts."

"It's okay Lou. I'm here. Tell me everything."

"I am jealous. It's just like last time. And it terrifies me," Lou murmured, a choked sob escaping her lips.

Therese knew she wasn't going to say more so she started rubbing circles on Lou's back. "You can tell me everything Lou. I'm your doctor."

There was a brief moment of silence before Lou spoke again. "I'm afraid of losing her again. I want her back Therese."

"How can you say those words to your girlfriend? You're one cruel partner Lou. If she accepted you, you should tell me hmm? Let me think of a payment I'll accept if you break up with me," Therese joked. She was used to this side of Lou because she was always been like this every time she was drunk. Lou still hasn't forgotten about her ex-wife. She knew this even before their relationship started.