11• Jealous Lou

"Since you made sure there's no merger that would happen between OVC and WYLER'S I'll assume you can work with him without a problem now?"

Debbie silently contemplated whether or not to agree with her father.

"I'm leaving you no choice here Debbie, worked with him and made sure you'd give me favourable results. And I promise you I won't touch your woman."

"She's my wife!"

"Is that marriage even legal?"

"It is Dad. She's legally my wife now."

"What did you even see on her Deborah?"

Almost inaudibly, she said, "She's a wonderful person. She makes me happy, and I love her... so much."

"Does she even feel the same?"

Her blood runs cold when she hears that question. "O-of course, why would you think she'd marry me if she doesn't feel the same?" She stuttered but tried hard to mask it.

"It's settled then. Work with Alex. Give me the results I wanted. Failure is not an option here Debbie, you know how important this client is." he said sternly.

"I know that."

"Then I'll set up a meeting for you two."

•●

Lou just finished her report and is now on her way to Debbie's office. She wants to have lunch with her. They haven't been able to spend time with each other these past weeks due to Debbie's busy schedules so she at least wants to have lunch with her.

She pulled out her phone while walking, to check her messages and emails. Swiping through her phone and scanning the emails as she walked. She stopped in her tracks when she heard Debbie's laugh.

What she sees makes her heart clench. Her best friend/wife Debbie Ocean is in the middle of an intense discussion with Alex. Smiling broadly as they talked, maybe in response to sarcastic jokes he made.

This is it. The punishment she cannot escape, the pain she has to endure. She has known it since the moment she let herself fall in love with her. That it would be the end of her one day. A pang of jealousy eating her up from the inside. She sighed and pushed down the unwanted feelings. Debbie isn't yours for you to be jealous over.

She walked in a different direction in the hallway not wanting to disrupt them. Come on stupid, let's get you something to eat, she told herself and forced a smile.

After lunch, Lou returned to her desk. She didn't see both Debbie and Alex around. She started typing away reports as her demons slowly slip into her subconscious. Those nights and weekends she's not with her. Is she with him? Her mind was filled with unwanted thoughts, and she was sure that she would not be able to sleep peacefully later on. So after office hours, she decided not to go home sober.

She finished up and headed to the parking lot to get her bike. She stopped halfway to her bike when a black rolls-royce car stopped in front of her. Oh good God. She sighed.

Get in. Let's talk. Lou nodded her head and got in.

"I just hope it's not one of those cliche scenes in romance dramas, where a parent throws money in front of their daughter's lover. Is it? Because Debbie will surely be very disappointed with you if you try that." She said sarcastically.