40• Why had everything gone so wrong?

"She was born a charmer Debbie. Your eyes need to stop throwing daggers at her back."

"I wasn't looking at her. Who cares who she flirts with? I am not her girlfriend." Debbie shrugged and kept her eyes on the party which is a pointless distraction. Because that devastatingly attractive blonde is remarkably difficult to ignore in her pastel pink pantsuit. Her Giorgio Armani blazer is paired with checkered trousers and crisp white sneakers. A hot Australian Aphrodite that looks like she just stepped out of a magazine, Debbie mumbled to herself.

 A hot Australian Aphrodite that looks like she just stepped out of a magazine, Debbie mumbled to herself

She was smiling, chatting, and being the sole focus and surrounded by a different attractive women. Why does everyone hang around her? Especially those women. She asked internally. But can she blame them? Everything else faded into the background whenever Lou was around. The moment she walked down the stairs. She was welcomed by that sight, and she suddenly forgot how to breathe, forgot about the party. And wanted nothing but to tear that button and bless her eyes with what was inside of it. Christ that single-button blazer. She can't count how many times she glanced at that pink blazer while Lou was driving, and a couple of times Lou caught her looking and just smirked at her. That proud smirk that she's dying to wipe off her lips. But for the sake of her sanity, she needed to put a stop to it. So she closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep while Lou drove in silence.

Tammy rolled her eyes and chuckled. "If you say so," she said clearly not believing her. "I'll get us more drinks. Wait for me here okay? And stop staring at Lou. She'll melt."

"I am not staring at her. Stop imagining things, Tammy. Just get your drinks and leave me alone."

_

Lou was staring. She couldn't help herself. Debbie is wearing a floor-length strapless midnight blue gown, classically elegant compared to the glittering gowns worn by other women present. You're the prettiest baby. Her hair is in a sweet, loose curl gathered in a tousled curly updo. Showing off her sexy nape hair.

Debbie stared at her reflection in the mirror

Debbie stared at her reflection in the mirror. She carefully chose the dress she was wearing, something Lou would like on her. And it reminded her of the times Lou told her she was beautiful. Yes, she wanted to look as good as she could for Lou. Which was pathetic and pointless, but there it was.