32• Fates wickedness?

After leaving the bar, Debbie drove all the way to her villa. The villa she bought after becoming CEO of OVC. A surprise she wanted to give Lou. But it was all in the past.

Now her father and his new wife want to spend two weeks of Christmas vacation there. And George practically begs her to stay with them during that time because he misses her.

Their relationship improved over the years following the breakup with Lou. Because her father wanted to stay with Debbie during the difficult times of her life. Since he experienced the same thing when he divorced Debbie's mother. Everyone who knew about the marriage assumed Debbie and Lou were divorced. That's what she made them believe.

And now Debbie had no choice but to comply with her father's request. Once she reached the living room, she sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. Nine's words still linger in her mind. Lou is marrying another woman.

Debbie chuckled sadly. She'd probably hate you even more once she knew that she was still married to you.

I'm tired now Lou. You know me. How I always manage to get what I want the moment I set my mind to it. That's why It's exhausting and painful, to long for something you know you can never have. If you want to marry her , then I'll give you your freedom. Yeah, I guess I have to give you up permanently. It won't kill me, would it? I'm Debbie Ocean after all. All I want is for you to be happy even though I'm not part of it. You deserve it, you deserve to be happy and if letting you go would make it happen then so be it.

She didn't want her father and stepmother to witness the state she was in. So she stopped her monologue and walked towards the stairs dragging herself up to her room.

As she lay on her bed, she tried to relax and take a nap but she couldn't sleep, like most nights. She reached her bedside table for the remote of her motorized drapes and pressed it. Revealing the glass sliding door that opens up to the balcony. She stared at it aimlessly.

Lou would surely love watching the moon here while lying on the bed or on the balcony while enjoying the chilly breeze of the night. Deciding to let her go is not an issue now, but removing her from her thoughts is something beyond her control. Because Lou never fully leaves her mind. The memories of her linger like the moon and stars in her sky. And missing her comes like rain. It pours and drowns her.

Debbie got up and stepped outside. She saw the pool area. Maybe a refreshing dip can cool off and clear my mind. The water was so inviting that she stripped out of her clothes, grabbed her robe and headed downstairs. She walked toward the heated pool with a bottle of wine in hand. Debbie closed her eyes as she took a warm, long, and relaxing dip in the heated pool while nursing a bottle of wine.

Moments later she heard a car approaching. That's probably them, she thought.

•••

Lou blinked upon hearing that name. Her body stiffened and she felt like her world had been turned upside down. Lou's gaze turned back to the woman in the pool. Debbie Ocean, she mumbled. Fate really knows how to play its wickedness on us, baby.

Or maybe it's the universe's way of telling them that they belong to each other?

As Lou walked each step down the floating coffee bean stairs, her heart pounded at the thought of meeting her again, the awkwardness they would feel. Would she think that I did it on purpose, making her sister my woman? That I'm a pathetic fool who wants to mess with her?

Lou was drowning in her train of thoughts when the main door opened revealing George Ocean and Therese's mother. Good God! And my dear father-in-law is a different story. He'd probably kill me right there, and then once he knows I'm dating her younger daughter.