36• Too much to handle

Debbie couldn't move. She can feel the hammering of her heart against her chest and her head had gone momentarily blank. She snapped back down to earth when Lou hungrily lick her lips demanding for entrance which Debbie complied, accepting her tongue on hers.

Lou emit a dreamy gasped into Debbie's mouth when she returned the fierceness of the blonde's kiss. And that is enough to nearly undo Debbie right then and there. Her arms moved up as if they had a life of their own and clung onto Lou's shoulder and around the nape of her neck. Pulling her closer to deepen the kiss while Lou's hand rested on her waist and the other one moved caressingly across the nakedness of her back. Lou held her as her knees softened and her eyelids slid shut.

"This isn't... Appropriate," Lou mumbled once they broke apart for air.

Debbie's lips curved into a smirk.

"And undressing me with your eyes for the past thirty minutes... That was appropriate? Come on now Miller I saw you, you were drooling over me." She cupped her cheeks, traced the blonde's lips with her thumb gently, and ran her fingers down to her jaw. Why did she have to be this beautiful?

Lou's brain momentarily goes offline in the way that it always does when Debbie mindlessly touches her. It didn't take long before Lou claimed her lips again, kissing her desperately once more which made Debbie crumble completely, blocking away her rational thinking. All she could think was how amazing Lou's mouth felt against her own, how the low heat began to bubble and boil deep inside her, how there was too much fabric in Lou's body.

Just once. She's still my wife. Just... this once, she silently pleads in her mind while she slipped her hands beneath Lou's shirt, and laid them on her skin. She intended to undo Lou's shirt slowly, savor every inch of exposed flesh that she missed so much but before she could lift it completely out of the blonde's body the ringing sound of her phone killed the moment.

Hell. Not this again. Debbie groaned.

Lou let go of Debbie when she saw the phone. "Answer it," she said and she walked out of the pool leaving Debbie confused and dumbfounded.

What was that? Is she mad? But she's the one who kissed me. I'm innocent here.

She sank deeper into the water to cool herself down and came out only when she was out of breath. Damn let's get up now, this pool can't kill you, Deborah.

Lou didn't come out of her room after the heated exchange in the pool. Not until she heard Debbie's car. Debbie left the villa to meet with Tammy, but she didn't know that. Lou thought Debbie would be meeting her boyfriend. The call that interrupted them in the pool was from Claude. She saw the caller ID when Debbie's phone rang and reality crashed back into her head so she left Debbie. Before she ached and craved something more—before they made a mistake and crossed a line they shouldn't have.

She hadn't meant to kiss Debbie. But like a stupid fool that she's always been in front of her. She'd been totally lost to reason and unable to stop herself. She had no idea how long it lasted, the kiss they shared, but she can still taste it; her soft, warm lips that were so wonderfully intoxicating. The way Debbie returned the kiss with the same intensity and how their tongues dueled for dominance.

I'll be in deep water again unless I stay away from her. I need to leave. I have to.

•••

"So you two kissed?"

"We did."

They were now in a café. Debbie wanted to clear her head off after the event at the pool and wanted to spend a few hours away from the villa. Away from Lou. She could use some time to unwind so she called Tammy to meet with her and now here they are. Debbie now mindlessly stirred her glass of milk tea with a straw.