53• Since the beginning

One week ago | Malibu

Lou was sitting on the bed, browsing through her phone when Debbie emerged from the bathroom wearing a pink silk sleeveless nightdress that reached up to her mid thighs.

"You're staring. Told you it's rude," Debbie said playfully as she turned to the woman in her bed who watched her movements like a hawk.

Damn those long perfectly toned legs. "I just can't stop myself. My wife is pure temptation." Lou stretched her hand out inviting her to come closer. Debbie sauntered closer, her hips swaying hypnotically, and reached for Lou's hand. She stood above Lou and smirked down at her. Debbie looked stunningly beautiful, her long hair falling over her shoulders like a waterfall. Lou felt her heart flutter at the sight of her. 

"You're drooling," Debbie chuckled.

Lou slipped her hand on her waist and pulled her so Debbie could sit on her lap. "Who wouldn't?She leaned in and planted a kiss on Debbie's forehead. "You know I can't resist you." Debbie snuggled into Lou's arms and sighed. "I love you." The blonde smiled and kissed her again. "I love you too. Tell me the first time you realized you loved me."

"The first time? Hmm." 

The night you visited me at the hospital and told me you were mine? Perhaps the first time you slept in my room and scared away my fears and nightmares. Or the first time you made coffee for me. Maybe that night when I bawled my eyes out and you comforted me? The time you sang to me when I was feeling down? The time you made me laugh until I couldn't breathe? Or simply the way you look at me when I'm sad? 

All of these moments had one thing in common - your love and care for me. Your presence has been a continuous source of strength, comfort, and joy for me. It's been an anchor holding me steady through the ups and downs of life. i can never thank you enough. 

Debbie smiled and whispered, "I'm not sure." I hope I can give back to you even a fraction of what you have given me Lou.

She couldn't remember the first time she had felt those  special feelings for her; it was like the most natural thing for her. She liked Lou the moment she forced herself into her life. Debbie found herself drawn to Lou's warmth, kindness, and strength immediately, and as they spent more time together, that feeling only grew stronger. She couldn't pinpoint when her feelings started to become romantic, but it felt like it had always been there, just waiting to be acknowledged.

Lou leaned forward and kissed her lips tenderly, her fingers caressing their way up her exposed thighs. "Come on tell me, when did your feelings begin?" Lou asked softly as she stroked Debbie's hair with her other hand.

"Why do you suddenly ask?"

"I'm just curious. Answer me. Since when?"

"I don't remember, but I began to feel possessive when you agreed to marry me." She lay flat on her back next to Lou. In the next few seconds, Lou's arms pull her close until her back is flat against her chest. Debbie melted into her arms. She turned to face her and snuggled closer.