35• Irresistible Temptation

The days flew by smoothly. Everyone had a lot of fun spending a week away from work. And although Lou and Debbie still had their calls from work and online video conference they still manage to enjoy their free time, Debbie at least pretended to. Everyone will be celebrating Christmas holiday in the villa since it's a two-week vacation and that was the main topic of conversation last night, and today they decided to buy Christmas gifts and decorations since the house isn't yet decorated.

Debbie decided she wouldn't join them. As for the gifts, she just ordered them online. Being a third wheel with the couples? There's no way she'll join them. Therefore, she made an excuse that she had a meeting with Tammy regarding the plans for a holiday party for the company and so she was left alone in the villa.

It was sunny, the weather was nice and Debbie was enjoying her comfortable bubble for being alone in her personal space after a week of torture while Lou and the others are already having a tour in the mall when Lou received a call from Constance. She was asking for a file she needed that was on Lou's laptop. If it's just a normal laptop she can just easily hack it and get the file she needs but it's Lou's. So it's protected and can't easily be accessed so Lou has no choice but to go back home and send them the file herself.

So after an hour, the blonde is already back at home. She thought no one is home since Debbie said she have a meeting with Tammy so she head straight to her room to take her laptop and send the files that Constance needed. After that, she changed into a comfortable loose white shirt and black shorts and lay down in her bed looking at the ceiling. Should I go back to the mall with Therese? Nah, forget about shopping. I'm lazy. Let me just take a nap. She closed her eyes and that's when her stomach rumbled. Right, these little monsters haven't eaten yet.

After getting up, she contemplated whether to order food delivery or just prepare it herself. And she just walked towards the kitchen straight to the fridge. She checked over the containers before settling on a bowl of salad.

When she turned around that was when she noticed the scattered mess on the counter. Banana peels, leftover strawberries, and pieces of medjool dates are on the counter, and also some are on the floor and there was the uncleaned blender. Great. Just a smoothie and you made quite the mess. That was so you Debbie Ocean. She can't help but laugh quietly.

She opened the glass door that leads to the sun deck outside and welcomed by loud music. And there is the culprit. The person who is responsible for the big mess in the kitchen. Oh, you gotta be kidding me. She whispered while staring at... Debbie.

Debbie is in her zebra print two-piece swimsuit and black shades. She's on top of a ring-shaped buoyant floating in the pool while enjoying her pink-colored smoothie. Lou blinks slowly, with completely enchanted love-sick eyes. Her eyes subconsciously followed Debbie's every movement. She didn't realize how long she'd been standing on the sun deck when her phone beeped. It was a text message.

|Debbie: Come here.

Fuck! She cursed inwardly. Have I been caught? Tsk. She pressed her temple and walked slowly towards the pool. Now she was standing next to the sun-lounger near the pool.

There were a few beats of silence before Lou mumbled a very quiet "I thought you'd be meeting with Tammy?"

"Afraid of the water? Sit here." Debbie motioned to the concrete pool coping where she placed her towel and phone. She removed her sunglasses and leaned on the edge of the pool while watching Lou sit and wet her legs in the water. Debbie moved beside her. "Why are you back early? Where are the others?"

"I asked the question first."

Debbie rolled her eyes. "Okay. I just made that up. I have no meetings. The company holiday party is already settled." She raised her arms over the coping and rested her chin on it while still staring at Lou. "I don't want to be a third wheel between my father and his wife. And my ex-wife and my step-sister." She sighed deeply.

Lou forced herself to move her eyes in Debbie's direction. Or rather look somewhere where it would seem she was looking at her eyes while she speak. She's uncomfortable on the warmth she was feeling right now in this proximity.

"So, why are you here?" Debbie asked again when she heard no response from Lou.

Lou shrugs sheepishly and asks, "Didn't you ask me to come?"

Debbie gave her a sweetly mocking smile. "Fair enough," she retorted and suddenly pulled Lou down into the pool.

"Fuck you Debbie Ocean," Lou cursed when she fell into the water and was now all wet.

Debbie smirked and pin her to the wall of the pool. She held her gaze for far too long before moving her eyes down to Lou's parted lips. It's now moistened and inviting. She recalled how those lips tasted against hers. The memories made her swallow in an attempt to clear her suddenly very dry throat. "Sure, but save the sarcasm and answer my question first."

Lou swallowed hard and blinked. Oh Lord, this woman will be the death of me. She felt like she just lost all her brain cells. If it was just any other woman she'll have no problem feeling anything, but the woman pinning her is Debbie Ocean and she was just too beautiful... too damn beautiful to look at for too long without wanting to take her.

Debbie on the other hand laughed so hard when Lou remained quiet and perfectly stiff. She did it to mask her nervousness because she thought she went overboard in her teasing and fucked up again. "Lou, Oh seriously? You are going to be mad at me for having a little teasing moment?" It came out exasperated like she was teasing her again.

Lou grasped Debbie's arms and pushed her. "You take delight in teasing me don't you, Debbie?" Debbie's eyes widened as she looked at the blonde's blue orbs and it made Lou smirk. She knew Debbie read the intent in her eyes. Lou licked her lower lip and before her brain could catch up, her body was already pressing Debbie into the edge of the pool and she forcefully claimed her lips.

***

A/n: let's just pretend that it's not winter and cold r.n. 😂😂 I want to finish this fic ASAP.🤭