44• Can you hear my Heart?

Lou stared at her still-sleeping wife covered in nothing but sunshine and bedsheets. Her hair fell messy over her face. Her mouth is slightly parted as she breathes, safe and sound under the blankets. God, she's so beautiful, Lou mumbled while taking in every detail of her face.

She lay beside her wife again, wrapping her in her arms from behind, snuggling and peppering little kisses all over Debbie's nape. The brunette slowly shifted in her sleep rolling a bit on her side. "Hmm Lou," she mumbled in a raspy sleepy voice.

Debbie felt soft lips and teeth gently nipping and licking her bottom lip. A hint of a sweet powdery scent filled her nose as she tasted sweet and mint on her lips. "You shower?"

Lou only hums in response and continues kissing her. "No fair," Debbie murmured her eyes still closed.

"Hmm, need to be at the airport in an hour," Lou said and deepened the kiss when Debbie parted her lips. A soft moan escaped her lips. Debbie could taste Lou's tongue against her own, in her mouth. Lou's kiss was full of yearning and it felt like making up for years of lost time. She had to push Lou off the couch to break the kiss. She had to while she still had her few brain cell that hadn't yet shut down in defeat. Lou fell off the couch.

The blonde looked like a kid who was robbed of her lollipop when Debbie pulled away. And Debbie found it charming. She chuckled inwardly.

Debbie got up from the couch, walked away from Lou, and put on her robe.

When Lou looked up, Debbie was standing near the door with an unreadable expression on her face. Her barriers were so firmly back in place. "We should talk," she said. And walked out of the red room. Lou followed her and closed the door.

The blonde walked towards Debbie and put her arms around her waist. Embracing the uneasiness that awaits her. "What is it, hmm?"

"Lou, since your girlfriend is coming back..." Her unfinished sentence wrapped up the sentiment hanging in the air between them. "We should get back to how we used to be."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think it should happen again." Debbie takes a deep breath, her eyes squeezed shut. "What I'm saying is, we should forget about this, about what happened between us."

Lou scoffs. The words slowly began to seep into her brain. "Forget about what happened?" She let go of Debbie and walked towards the floor-to-ceiling window. She watched sunlight seep through the glass. The light flashed over the furniture pieces and to the large bed. And she stared at it. It could have been their bed if she hadn't left her. Lou took a deep breath brushing away the regrets. "Why?"

"What do you mean why? You have a girlfriend Lou."

Lou turned to face her again. She took a strand of Debbie's hair and rolled it around her forefinger. "You didn't seem to mind last night that I had a girlfriend or even just a few hours ago when you were crying out my name Deb," she retorted bitterly.

Oh, God Lou. Why are you doing this to me? Debbie sighed deeply. She could still smell her powdery scented skin, the smell of Debbie's body wash that Lou used. She put distance between them and leaned on the table beside the bed for support because she couldn't trust her body right now. "It should never really have happened Lou. It was just a moment of madness."

"That's acceptable last night, baby since we were both drunk. But I think you lost the privilege of calling it a moment of madness because we are both completely sober this morning. You know what, scratch that since it doesn't matter. What matters is that you are still legally my wife Debbie."