26• The suspicion

"So you've met," Nine muttered before standing slowly waiting for the other employees to leave the room.

"Yeah." Lou smiled as she responded because she remembered how Debbie barged into her office room without even knocking. That was so her, The Debbie Ocean that she knows. She hasn't changed at all. Still feisty, and... beautiful. I didn't expect it actually, for Debbie to come herself to LA for Candy. She must've taken a liking to it."

"You smile. Are you happy to see her? And imagine the CEO herself visiting you. She's surely interested in getting on board. Did she knows that you own Candy?"

She smirked in response but didn't say a word. And she'll do anything to be part of it. That's Debbie Ocean. She'll get whatever she sets her mind to.

"So when are you planning to announce to the world that you are back? You can no longer use your aunt as a front because she's married now, you wouldn't want to have an inheritance issue over your own family."

"I'm willing to give it to them if they want it. They were my only family after all. And I don't think it's even necessary to reveal it. It's enough that my team knows and respects me. Outsiders don't need to know about that."

•••

//

"Deborah Ocean! Where the hell are you?"

"I'm outside. Come out now. Meet me at the cafe in front of the building."

"What about the meeting?"

"I met with her."

"You did and didn't bother calling me? So how did it go?"

"Just come out now, Tammy. I'll tell you the details in person."

//

Tammy came out of the building and walked through the cafe. She saw Debbie sitting near the window absentmindedly stirring the cup of coffee on her table. She pulled the chair in front of her and plop herself down. "Hey, down in the dumps? I'm all ears. What happen?"

Debbie glanced looked up at her and then back to her coffee without saying a word.

"Debbie" she called her once again, holding her hand and gently squeezing it. Tammy knows something was up because Debbie looked drained and defeated.

"I met her Tammy."

"The representative of Candy? Or their CEO and let me guess, you've been rejected is that it?"

"Lou. I met her."

"Lou? She was here and she's working in Candy? Oh Lord, what a small world. Did you two talk?"

"We did, just a bit. She'll set a meeting for us to talk about the proposals."