39

"Where we were when you knocked out, Brandon?" Ariana asked in awe.
"Swears, I would have loved to see you kicking his ass," Ivy laughed.
We were at our spot in the cafeteria, and the whole news of Kayden getting into a fight with his friends because of me and me knocking out Brandon was the last I had expected.
It traveled like wildfire among the students in the entire school.
"Can't believe they made you into a sticker, especially the part you knocked out Brandon," Ariana laughed, then Ivy joined.
"It's so hilarious," Ivy drowned more in laughter, then grabbed her phone on the table.
"Let me show you,"
Ivy showed me the sticker where I had tackled Brandon to the floor, then the next sticker was me sitting on Brandon and knocking him out.
"This is not funny," I gritted and Ariana and Ivy burst out laughing again while I frowned at them.
"I'm sorry, I can't help it,"
"Me too,"
Almost everyone was playing the video, and it was just a surprise the principal hadn't called me to his office yet, maybe the news hasn't reached him, I can't tell.
And I hope he wouldn't, I can't afford to get suspended again, I've tarnished my last days in high school more than enough already.
"Kayden and I are back together," I told them in a low tone, Ivy slammed her fist on the table jolting me and Ariana, wondering what the hell was wrong with her.
"Yes! I expected as much though," She chuckled and Ariana shook her head at her.
"You know you're attracting a lot of attention, dimwit," Ariana frowned at her and then smacked her shoulder lightly.
"Oops! My bad, I'm sorry," She apologized pouting at us while I nodded and smiled warmly at her.
Ariana took a bite from her doughnut before dropping it back on the tissue paper in which it was wrapped earlier.
"So, are you two dating now?" Ivy questioned curiously, her eyes prying at me.
"No, not yet, but we are on good terms, now," I told them, and they nodded at me.
"Why is that bitch staring at us?" Ariana growled suddenly, and Ivy and I turned our gaze to the direction she was throwing daggers at.
Then I saw Athena with her group of friends, glaring menacingly in my way.
"Can we just ignore her?" Ivy asked irritatingly.
"She's not worth our time,"
"Yeah, true, she doesn't deserve our attention,"
"Probably a waste of time to stare at," Ivy laughed and Ariana chuckled along.
I was getting along with these two just too well, and I'm happy we crossed paths.
"So, Jade, will you be free during the weekends?" Ariana inquired, making me turn my gaze to her.
"Uhm! I'm not sure about that yet, it's likely I will be helping my parents in the restaurant," I uttered and Ivy nodded in agreement.
"Just please let us know beforehand if you will be free," Ariana winked at me and I smiled.
I lowered my gaze and began eating the cheeseburger, which I grabbed from my plate. I've been eating countless cheeseburgers these past few days during lunch and if I'm not careful enough it will grow on my head.
Just kidding.
"Jade, look up," Ariana tapped my thigh excitedly. I glanced at her, wondering the cause of her eagerness.
I turned my gaze to the entrance and saw Kayden walking into the cafeteria, and I lowered my gaze immediately, acting shy all of a sudden.
"Why are you hiding your face, don't you want him to see you?" Ivy whispered as she lowered and leaned her head closer to me.
"No, we've met in class before," I explained.
"And so?" Ivy snarled at me.
I turned my gaze to Ariana, who had raised her arm and started waving her hands.
"What are you doing?" I asked her bewildered, my eyes widening at her.
"Ariana,"
"Calling the hot guy to our seat," She sneered at me.
"Wait! What?"
"No, stop, don't create a scene in here," I tried to warm her, but Ariana decided to go into a stubborn mode and I gave in defeat.
Slowly, I raised my head and saw that Kayden was glancing around the cafeteria like he was looking for someone.
The plaster was still seen on the side of his, but he wore a big red jacket and white tee beneath the red jacket and the collar of his jacket was covering most of his neck, hiding the plaster I placed there for him.
Suddenly, Kayden's gaze turned in our direction, and the way Ariana was waving at him and caught his attention, she gestured for him to come, which he did.
"Is he coming here?" Ivy asked, suddenly acting weird.
"Of course, he is, dumbass," Ariana smirked at Ivy while I sighed.
"I'm so happy to be friends with you, Jade, now we get to sit with the hottest guy in school," Ivy beamed happily, and I felt like puking, I almost rolled my eyes at her statement.
"So, lucky, I can't wait to see the envy on other girls' faces, especially that arrogant miss cheerleader over there," Ariana snorted while I heaved out.
Okay, I've had these two as friends, there's nothing I can do about that.
Kayden got closer to us, almost shining all his thirty-six at me as he approached our table and smiled at us.
"Hello beauties," He greeted, and Ariana and Ivy gave him puppy eyes, ogling at him dreamily.
"Hey, handsome," Ariana greeted back with a tease playing on her lips.
Kayden drew out the chair next to mine and sat, I glanced around and noticed that almost every one's eyes were directed to us, but Ariana, Ivy, and Kayden didn't seem to mind.
"I'm Ariana, this is Ivy," Ariana introduced herself to Kayden then introduced Ivy immediately.
"You should have let me introduce myself, at least I have a mouth to speak," Ivy countered with a snort and glared at Ariana.
Did I send you?
I found myself chuckling at the two of them, then I felt Kayden's hand on my lap, I stared at him amusingly, but he was staring at Ariana and Ivy while he smiled.
I breathed in deeply and tried to remove his hand from my thigh, but he grabbed my hands, then I stared at his face and noticed his lips were twitching slightly.
"Nice to meet you two, I'm Ka--"
"Kayden," Ariana and Ivy interrupted in unison, and Kayden gazed at them slightly amused.
"You don't need to go all that way introducing yourself," Ariana taunted, staring at Kayden.
"Yeah, I mean who wouldn't know the handsome popular guy in school," Ivy added and Kayden chuckled and turned his gaze to me while I smiled nervously, I was trying as much as possible not to turn red with the way his hands clasped with mine and the way he continuously rubbed his big thumb in circles on my skin.
"I think it's still polite to introduce myself," Kayden spoke, and the girls nodded their heads and began eating their food.
"How are you doing?" Kayden asked in a low tone as he moved closer to me, I've never felt so nervous this way.
"I'm fine," I muttered and stared at the table in his front, noticing he didn't bring any food to eat.
"Are you not eating?" I inquired, a bit curious, though.
"No," He husked out, his low raspy voice made all the hair on my body stood at alert.
Then he leaned closer to me, my first instinct was to move away from him, but I sat still on my seat.
Then I felt his lips close to my ear and I swallowed hard.
My eyes drifted to Ariana and Ivy, who had clamped their palms over their mouth and gestured to me that they promised not to scream, although they looked like they would burst out anytime soon.
"I came looking for you," He whispered, and I almost felt his lips brush my lips.
"Why are you still with this bitch?" A high-pitched voice screamed, echoing to every corner of the cafeteria and almost blocking the eardrums of everyone present in the cafeteria, and everyone became silent.
The scene I was hoping that it won't occur.
Now, here it is.
I shifted away from Kayden in shock and turned my face to see who it was, then I swallowed the massive lump in my throat.
What the hell...
'Oh boy,' I gasped, blood draining off my face.