32

The next day at school, I was walking through the school hallway and I noticed the awkward stares I was getting from the students.
They whispered among themselves and stared at me like I was a criminal and did something bad.
"Are you sure she's the one?" I heard someone say.
"She is, she is the one," I heard another girl mutter to the other girl.
I sighed and decided to keep my head low and ignored everyone, I was wondering what happened, it's not like I don't get awkward stares from people, I do, but today's own was a bit off.
"So, she's the one who stole her boyfriend?" I heard another person say.
'What?' My heart was beating quickly for unknown reasons.
'Who stole whose boyfriend?' I thought but on second thought, I decided to brush everything aside, if anyone has the mind to say something about someone they would face them personally, eye to eye.
I got closer to my locker, my hands shoved deep into my blue baggie trousers.
My gaze fell on a poster pasted on my locker and I wondered what it was, my curiosity took the better part of me and my face went pale as I saw the poster.
It was a picture of me and Kayden kissing in the library.
'Ho-how did this happen?' I thought my head going blank, my pulse was racing.
'The nerd is a slut, stealing people's boyfriend,' I read, and my throat went dry suddenly, I tore the poster on my locker.
"Jade," I heard someone call my name and I blinked my eyes, I was shocked... I turned around slowly to see Ivy and Ariana staring curiously at me.
My gaze fell to Ariana's hand, and she was holding the poster too.
'Who the hell did this?' I thought.
"Is this true?" Ariana asked, showing me the poster, and I couldn't think of any word to say.
"Yeah, we know you kissed Kayden during the party, but did you two get back together after that?" Ivy asked, moving closer to me.
I didn't know what to say, I was paralyzed and everyone would see me as something I wasn't.
"Come on Jade, you know you can talk to us," Ariana smiled and moved closer.
"We don't even know the idiot that would leak this out to the whole school," Ivy sighed.
'Whole school?'
'I'm done for,' I thought drastically to myself.
"The person is idiotic," Ariana added and scoffed, then she tore the poster into pieces and threw it on the floor.
'They aren't angry at me,' I thought, staring at Ivy and Ariana in awe.
"So, are you two dating?" Ivy asked, interestingly.
"No!" I blurted out.
"No?" Ariana asked surprisingly.
"Why else would he break up with Athena?" Ivy asked.
"I-I don't kn-know," I stuttered, all this was overwhelming to me, to give an exact explanation.
"You bitch!" A high-pitched voice cut through the hallway, and we all turned her gaze in the direction, it was Athena and I felt like crawling somewhere to hide.
I just stood here standing with my legs giving up on me.
'Oh, boy!'
"You slut, how dare you steal my boyfriend from me?" Athena shouted angrily as she marched up to me, the poster also in her hands, with her three minions following behind her like stray puppies.
She looked so fierce, like an angry hen who lost one of her chicks to the hawk.
Everyone was beginning to gather around us, this is what I've always hated in my life, and I've fallen a victim.
"I-I di-didn't," I stuttered, moving back.
"What? Cat got your tongue, where's the sharp-mouthed and bold nerd?" Athena fired and laughed evilly.
Everyone was muttering as they stared at me.
"I knew you were the one bitch, you were the one who's trying to steal my boyfriend's attention," She seethed, and I couldn't talk.
I've never been this speechless in my life before.
"Aren't you going to say anything?" She questioned murderously.
"I didn't steal your boyfriend, Athena," I tried to say as calmly as possible without my voice being shaky.
"You still have the guts to deny," Athena scoffed and stared at me venomously, she charged toward me and lifted her hands and strike at me.
I turned my face expecting a stinging slap on my face but felt nothing, then I opened my eyes slowly to see a tall figure standing in front of me.
"You will do no such thing to her, Athena, not even touching a hair on her body," A deep voice coursed through the hallway and everyone kept quiet and watched silently.
It was as if everyone were anticipating what next will happen in the movie.
Standing before me, was Kayden, and he was holding Athena's wrist fiercely.
Kayden dropped Athena's hand irritatingly and turned to face me.
"Are you okay?" He asked concerned, and I just stared at him blankly.
"So, you left me for this poor ugly bitch, Kayden, how could you do that to me?" Athena faked a sob.
"Or wait!" She said suddenly, as if something sparked in her brain, getting the attention of everyone.
"Are you doing this because of the game?" She asked curiously and I frowned.
'What game?' I thought.
"What are you saying, Athena?" Kayden growled, moving closer to her.
"You know what I'm saying, baby, so stupid of me to have forgotten," She started.
"I've forgotten you were going to take a hit on her, which is what you are doing, right?" Athena smirked and I got shattered.
'So, all this was planned?' I thought, not wanting to believe it.
"What the hell are you saying, Athena?" Kayden barked at her.
Athena rolled her eyes and brought out her smartphone.
Then she showed it to all of us, there was Kayden with his other friends.
"So, Kayden, would you take a hit on the new girl?" Kai asked with a smirk, and I found myself moving forward and closer to Athena to get a better view.
Then the video showed Kayden who was sitting on a chair, seems they were in a club or something, and beside him was Athena wrapping her hands around his shoulder.
"Yeah sure, I'm sure it won't take her a week before she falls for me," He smirked tauntingly, and they laughed in the video.
"If she's a virgin we would like to see the sheets, you know what I mean," Brandon was the one talking.
"I'm pretty sure she is," Athena hissed, and they all laughed.
I gasped in shock, so, the reason he was getting close to me was his friends asked him to, they placed a bet on him.
"So, dear, Jade he was just playing you, don't take it too seriously," Athena pouted while I fisted my hands and released them immediately.
"I bet she has," one of her minions said, and they all laughed.
"You should be thanking me, he didn't get to finish his deeds on you," She smirked at me while I stared in terror trying to process everything.
"Jade, that isn't true," Kayden pleaded, and I turned my face to him and stared at him with hate, with dwelling hatred for him.
I hate him so much, now... I was already falling for him.
How could he do that to me? If not me, why would he do that to just any girl because she's naive?
I thought... I thought he was different, how stupid I am to have let him close with me.
Without, saying anything, I turned around and started walking and everyone cleared their paths for me, they were looking at me with some kind of sympathy which I hated.
I started walking hurriedly, clutching my hands to the bag straps tightly.
"Jade!"
"Jade, please wait," Kayden's pleading voice tried to stop me.
"Everything wasn't true," He said behind and grabbed my wrist, I turned around aggressively and snatched my hands away from him.
I was trying so hard not to cry in front of him, I'd never been this broken in my life.
I don't even know why I'm getting hurt about this, why I am so pained about it?
"Don't come to me, Kayden, don't ever come to again," I warned him as his eyes pleaded heavily, he looked as if he wanted to pass out, but I don't care.
He was just using me and I fell for it, thank goodness we hadn't gotten to the stage I would hate myself for being the stupidest and dumbest girl ever.
"I like you, Jade, I really do, all that I said in that video I didn't mean it anymore," He explained, his blue eyes were begging me to listen to him, but I don't and won't listen to whatever lies he was about to spew out from his mouth.
I won't let myself fall for his tricks and nonsense ever again.
"I hate you, Kayden!" I screamed at him, a tear slipping from my face, luckily I decided to put on contact lenses today instead of glasses.
I angrily wiped the tears that slipped down my face immediately and sniffed, glaring at him.
"Just stay away from me, and don't ever talk to me again," I fired sternly and turned around immediately.
I began to run out the hallway as fast as I could.