28

Kayden and I were sitting on one of the street benches as we helped ourselves with hot dogs and soft drinks.
I watched, how people passed by us then Kayden moved closer to me, I stared at him suspiciously.
It hasn't been long since we left the cinema, and the ride all through here was a bit awkward.
"What?" He asked, smiling at me, while I shook my head at him and looked away.
This was a lovely night and I enjoyed every minute I was by his side.
'Maybe a conversation with him will do me good,' I thought.
"So, won't your girlfriend be mad with you when she finds out you are here with me?" I asked him bluntly, and he turned to stare at me in awe when his lips twitched amused.
He bit off a large part of the hot dog and chewed it.
'Potentially I shouldn't have brought that up,' I thought, honestly, I've been behaving weird and anxious around him all the time.
"Well, I don't have one," He answered, forcing me to look at him.
'Was he denying Athena, now or what, he's sure a player,' I thought frowning at him.
"You don't believe?" He asked me.
"Yes, I don't, how do you even expect me to believe you?" I threw it at him.
He sat up, straightening his sitting posture, and turned his head to stare at me.
"Do you trust me?" He asked, causing me to blink at him.
"Huh?"
"Do you trust me, Jade?" He repeated, adding my name to his questions, while I shrugged.
"I don't know, we just started getting to know each other, so, I can't say that I trust you," I answered truthfully, and he nodded in agreement.
Kayden took my free hand with him, causing me to stare at him.
He stared at my hand, rubbing his thumb and caressing the skin on the back of my hands.
"I want you to trust me, Jade," He uttered and raised his face.
His blue eyes were clear as crystal, letting me know how serious he was.
"I trust you so much, Jade, and I want you to do the same for me," He spoke out.
"But--" Kayden leaned closer and caught my lips with his, my lips parted immediately to his quest and he cupped my face pulling me closer to him.
He kisses me until time topple over, and I found myself kissing him back, it was a soft yet heavy and unbelievably kiss.
Kayden broke the kiss and slowly pulled back, staring into my eyes while I inhaled sharply. "I want you to trust me, Jade," He spoke softly and kissed me again on my lips before he drew away.
I was speechless, not knowing what to say, and I looked down at my fingers nervously.
"I broke up with Athena, there's nothing for you to worry about," He said when he notices I wasn't going to say anything again.
"You did?" I asked him with wide eyes.
"Why would you do that?" I fired at him, and he stared at me like it was hard to believe.
"Because I wanted to," He answered.
"And why is that?" I fired at him, and he sighed, raking his hands through his hair.
"I'm tired of how she behaves, talks, and most especially it seems I've seen someone I've fallen for," He answered staring deeply into my eyes and I swallowed hard.
"Jade--" His phone buzzed, stopping him from what he was about to say.
I stared at him as he brought out his ringing phone to check the caller ID, and his face creased into a frown.
"Hello, Dad," He answered after placing his phone right next to his ears, I noticed how odd his voice was when he was talking to the person he had called 'Dad' earlier.
"I told you I went out with a friend, why would you be asking me to come home now?" He fired, he seems pissed and annoyed as his face squeezed with irritation.
"Fine!" Kayden answered and hung up as he let out a sigh and muttered something under his breath.
"Was that your father?" I asked him as he turned to look at me while he shoved his phone into his trouser.
"Yeah," He answered dryly, his eyes seems a bit darkened as he stared in front of him.
"Uhm! He needs help with something?" I asked again.
"I don't want to go home yet, I want to spend some time with you," He answered, staring at me, and my throat hitched.
"What if needed your help urgently, you should go to him," I advised.
"No!" Kayden fired almost making me flinch as I stared at him confusedly, he sighed realizing how he raised his voice at me and covered his face with his palms.
"I'm sorry Jade, I didn't mean to react that way, to you,"
"It's just that--"
"It's okay," I interrupted and found myself patting his back gently as he stared at me.
"I don't like my father," He said looking forward while I continued to pay his back, it was the only thing I could come up with.
'Why doesn't he like his father?' I thought.
"He always makes me feel like I'm the worst and incompetent child in the world, he wants someone smart enough to trust with his company," He said while I continued to pay his back.
"Why don't you prove to him that you could be that child he wants," I advised.
Kayden chuckled and stared at me, a sad smile playing on his lips, "he never sees that in me."
His phone rang again and he sighed. "Come on, let me drop you home."
"No, you should go meet your dad, I'll take a cab and go home," I told him, and he stared at me seriously.
"No, I'm not taking that," He said.
He stood up and brought out his phone from his pocket and switched it off before he took my hands in his, we walked back to where his car was parked.
Kayden drove me back to my home, we were both silents all through the ride back home, it seems something occupied his mind as he constantly tapped his fingers on the steering of his car.
I was about to open the door after he parked in front of my house when he grabbed my arm softly.
"Jade," He called out, making me sit back and turn my gaze to him.
"I'm sorry our outing was shortened, I promise to make it up to you," He said.
"It's fine, I enjoyed our time spent together," I smiled at him, and he also smiled.
"You do?" He asked, his face beaming brightly.
"Yeah," I smiled nervously, and I was pretty sure I would be red now.
Kayden and I stared at each other for a while and our gazes fell to our lips, I swallowed and shake off whatever thought in my head.
'Why am I getting accustomed to his lips?' I mewled inside of me.
"Good night," I muttered and turned around.
"Wait!" Kayden stopped me, making me stare at him questioningly.
"You've got something in your hair," He said.
"Where?" I asked and he leaned closer to me.
My body heated as he came close to me and when he raised his hands to touch my hair, he leaned his face closer to mine and kissed me on my lips.
"Good night, Jade," He whispered on my lips and moved back to his seat.
Without, wasting time, I unlocked the door and got out of his car, trying to release the trapped air in my lungs.
He smiled as he waved me off, pulling his car back into the street, while I stared until he was out of sight.
Then I heard the door of my house click open.
"Jade!!!" I closed my eyes shut, and heaved out, knowing fully well it was my mum.