30

"Well, who do we have here?" She sneered with a mischievous smirk.
"Isn't this our beloved nerdy who got suspended?" She taunted.
"Athena, stay away from her," Kayden stepped forward and Athena snapped her gaze to him.
"She came to me first," She threw at him, and standing here listening to her voice was sickening.
"I demand an apology," She fired at him making me scoff, yeah, I know I ran into her mistakenly but if anyone here truly needed an apology it was me.
I pushed Kayden out of my way and stepped in front of her, her countenance was slightly surprised as I stood in front of her.
"You want an apology?" I asked her, and she gave me a scornful look, I wasn't scared of her right from day one I met her, the only reason holding me back was the school, or else I would have made sure to beat her the crap out of her and to pulp, and she would never cross my path ever again.
She stared at me, wondering what I was up to, and I moved a bit closer to her.
"If you want an apology from me, then you'll need to kick my ass first," I shot at her and her eyelashes flapped at me flabbergasted.
She wasn't expecting that...
'Apology my foot,' I hissed in my mind, glaring at her, then I brushed past her making sure my shoulder hit her aside, and kept on walking with my head high.
I got to class, it was buzzy with my classmates chattering among themselves. Everyone became silent immediately they saw me and started whispering among themselves.
"Wow! She's back,"
"I hope Athena doesn't look for more troubles from her,"
Well, she has done that already this morning.
I walked over to my seat and dropped my books on the desk, then remove my bag from my back and hang it on the tip of the chair handle.
I sat on my seat and Kayden walked in, he was staring at me and I felt nervous all of a sudden as we held our gazes.
Furthermore, I slowly, dragged my gaze away from him when he got closer to me, his seat was next to me.
"You never cease to amaze me," He chuckled lowly, I turned my gaze to him and gave him a knowing smile when Athena barged into the class.
She was boiling and furious at the same time.
"Out of my way!" She pushed a girl who was on the path with her back facing Athena, and she was engrossed in the conversation she was having with her friend.
The brown-eyed girl staggered and lost her balance, collapsing on one of the desks nearby.
"Hey! Watch it," The girl shouted at Athena, who then stopped in her tracks and turned her face glaring at the girl who was back on her feet.
'Nice, a mini-drama this morning,' I thought as the whole class was focused on them.
"Then you shouldn't have been on the way, you fool," Athena growled at her.
The girl hissed and walked away from Athena and went over to her seat, while
Athena glared at her.
Athena then turned around and looked in my direction with hate and fury in her eyes before she went to her seat.
Shortly, the teacher walked in and everyone scurried to their respective seats to get ready for today's lesson.
I sighed and open one of my notebooks.
~~
I was sitting all by myself during a break in the cafeteria eating a cheeseburger when I saw Ivy and Ariana come up to me with their food tray in their hands.
"Girl! We thought you were dead," Ivy chirped out as she laughed, dropping her food tray on the table and drawing out a chair and sitting on it.
"Where have you been?" Ariana asked, her blue eyes gleaming brightly as she stared at me, also dropping her food tray on the table and sitting on the chair opposite of me.
"I was suspended," I told them, and their jaw dropped as they stared at me in awe, wondering what happened.
"Suspended?" Ivy questioned curiously, her eyebrows rising at me.
"What did you do?" Ariana asked as she drew her chair closer to the table as it made a screeching sound on the floor.
"What happened?" Ivy inquired, making me sigh.
"I got into a fight with Athena, she caused it first, and I couldn't control myself, so, the principal sent me home," I explained to them as simple as it was.
"Wow!" They both echoed surprisingly.
"Just like that?" Ariana questioned, intriguingly.
"And she wasn't suspended," Ivy hissed, scrunching up her face.
"She wasn't, good thing she and her boyfriend fought," Ariana rolled her eyes as she took fried potato chips and threw them in her mouth.
"They fought?" I asked curiously myself, although Kayden had told me he broke up with her, I was still finding it hard to believe.
"Yeah, he broke up with her openly, I would have died of embarrassment if my boyfriend, ever does that to me in public," Ariana laughed.
"You get it, I mean the heartbreak would be so horrible, I prefer private breakup than public, that's way worse for anyone to handle," Ivy added.
"Jade, we would have reached out to you when we noticed you went missing, but we didn't know anyone you were close to," Ariana revealed, and I smiled at them.
"Thank you," I was happy that there were two more people worried about me aside from Kayden... It melted my heart as I beamed out, smiling at them.
"Here, give me your contact," Ivy brought out her smartphone and clicked on it then slide it onto the table over to me.
I took her phone from the table, it was an iPhone XR and I typed my number on her contact list and saved it with my name.
"I'll collect it from you. Ivy," Ariana informed her, as she put more potato fries in her mouth and crunched on them.
I look up and saw Kayden entering the cafeteria and behind him was Athena following behind him, she looks agitated.
"Why aren't you talking to me?" She questioned him and I saw Kayden sighing, and he turned around to face her.
"Like doesn't she have any sense of dignity for herself," Ivy spewed out with disgust as she turned her head and gazed at them over her shoulder.
"She doesn't want to give up on the pretty bad boy, I mean, he's too hot and handsome for my liking," Ariana teased.
"I've clarified it for you, Athena, I told you to give me space," Kayden shot at her.
"Space? And you think I'll listen to that," Athena fired at him.
"Oh, man!" Ivy gasped, a slight chuckle leaving her lips, and she shook her head in disappointment.
I stared at Kayden and Athena, watching them discreetly from where I was sitting.
Kayden turned around, frustration glistening on his face as he raked his fingers through his hazel hair and continued walking without saying anything.
Athena glared and threw daggers murderously at his back and turned around on her boot heels and walked furiously out of the cafeteria.
'Oh boy, if she knows Kayden hangs out with me, I'm sure dead,' I thought as I bite out of the cheeseburger I was holding.