38

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked Kayden, staring at the way his hands wrapped firmly around my wrist.
"Yeah," I heard him mutter, we got into the hallway and the students around stared at us curiously, wondering what was wrong, especially with Kayden.
His whole top was soaked with sweat, and blood drizzling aside his head.
We got to his locker, and he unlocked it, finally leaving my hands alone, he brought out a black top and closed his locker. He leaned closer to the metallic locker and placed his forehead on the cold surface of the locker and closed his eyes.
"Would you like to go to the infirmary?"
"You don't look too well," I observed.
"No," He muttered in a breathy voice.
"I would just clean up, I'm fine," He uttered then moved away from the locker and stared at me, then I nodded slowly.
"Okay," I agreed and took a step away from him, his eyes glistened at me as sadness clouded his features.
I don't even know what to say to him.
"Jade," He started, moving closer to me, I can see all the bruises on his knuckles, and they look awful.
"You should clean up first," I said, inhaling sharply, lifting my gaze to his face, ogling into his blue eyes.
He nodded and began walking while I followed behind him, we got to the male's restroom and Kayden walked inside after opening the door.
"You can come in, there's no one inside," He informed me when he saw I was peeping inside.
I nodded nervously and entered the male's restroom, this would be the first time I would be entering one since I got to the school.
I closed the door behind me and locked it, then turned around and stared at Kayden who just removed his shirt, leaving him naked in his upper body and I gulped hardly.
He walked to the other side of the restroom and stepped in, I used that opportunity to look for a first aid kit box in the restroom and saw the yellow box hanging on the wall.
I got closer to the wall and grabbed the first aid box and unlocked it, seeing that all the necessary items were inside the box.
Shortly, Kayden stepped out of the walk-in shower of the restroom, wearing the black tees he had taken from his locker earlier, he was holding his blue top which was squeezed in his hands.
Then, Kayden walked to the counter and spread his top, which he had just dusted, on the dry surface.
Moving closer to Kayden, I noticed the blood still oozing slightly from the side of his face.
"Sit, Kayden," I ordered him, and he nodded and walked over to the counter and sat on the top while I followed behind him.
I dropped the first aid box on the counter and moved closer to him while he stared at me.
I stretched my arms to him and touch the side of his head, and saw a bruise near his hairline, and I sighed.
Furthermore, I opened the box and brought out the cotton wool and methylated spirit.
Likewise, I made a ball of wool from the stack of cotton wool and poured spirit into it until the wool was soaked, and the alcoholic scent filled our nostrils.
Furthermore, I tried to move closer to him, so, I clean his wound properly, suddenly Kayden parted his legs and pulled me in between his legs causing me to let out a mewled sound.
"I think you can get access to clean the wound better, this way," He enlightened, while I glared at him, staring at him through my eyelashes.
I didn't say anything and raised my hand to his head while I felt his legs begin to press me closer to him and the counter, then my breath hitched.
"This is going to sting," I informed him with a breathy voice, his blue eyes flickered to mine and his pinkish lips curled up to him in a knowing smile.
Thereafter, I pressed the soaked wool filled with spirit on his bruised skin, my eyes traveled to his jawline and saw how hard he clenched his jaw and tried to hold on to the stinging pains.
"Hold on," I whispered softly, still cleaning the area of his wound while the white became red with his blood.
I removed the wool from his wound and I felt his hot breath fan my neck, I dropped the stained wool on the counter and balled another wool then deep it into the spirit and squeezed out the excess liquid in it, giving a chilly feel on my fingers.
I looked at Kayden again and cleaned his wound, then moved to his neck area and saw another slight bruise there again.
'Did he have to put himself into such a state?' I thought, cleaning the wound on his neck.
After I was done cleaning his wounds, I grabbed the plaster and plastered his wounds.
"Let me see your hand," I told him, and moved slightly and showed me his hands, the back of his hand was filled with bruises all his knuckles were red.
"Why did you fight, you would have gotten expelled," I fired at him, staring deeply into his eyes while he stared immensely at me, a warm smile appearing on his lips.
"Why did you get involved?" He asked, avoiding my question, while I stared at the hands I was holding in mine.
"I-I don't know," I muttered, still avoiding his scrutinizing gaze.
"Look at me Jade," He begged, then he slipped his hand away from mine, placed his thumb and index finger under my chin, and made me look at him.
"Why?" He questioned, then my gaze fell to
his lips, then I looked back at his face.
'What's wrong with me? Why do I feel the strong urge to kiss him?' I thought wearily.
"Jade!" He called again when my eyes departed from him and I looked at him, my feelings getting the better part of me.
I leaned closer to him without thinking, then my eyes trailed down to his lips, I pressed my lips against his soft lips, and I felt him tense, he must be surprised by my gestures.
It's just a day, and I've missed having him so close to me, I've missed feeling those lips of his against mine.
Each time that I think more of how he could hurt, the more I wanted to get closer to him, the more I wanted him.
I know it's stupid, but I couldn't just go against the feelings of my heart, which ached terribly for him.
His lips began to move against mine after taking him a while to realize what just happened, our lips moved slowly against each other feeling the hurt and pains we both felt at the moment.
Slowly, I pulled away from him and stared at his face which was flushed, his eyes glinted and sparkled with amusement and his lips twitched and quivered bemusedly.
"Because I couldn't take it seeing you beaten that way," I told him truthfully and looked away from his face, feeling nervous.
"Jade!"
"I would never hurt you, although my first approach was to use you when I got closer to you, you created a spark in me," He said while I breathed out still looking away from him.
"You made me feel something...something I've never felt before from anyone, something I've been longing for in my life, you are different, Jade," He spoke, and I felt his fingers under my chin, and he made me look at him.
I stared into his eyes, feeling my cheeks heat up, his eyes were all full of sincerity.
"You want to know why?" He asked while I bit my lower lips nervously and fluttered my eyelashes at him.
"Cause you changed me, Jade," He said, and it felt like I stopped breathing, that air stopped coming into my nostrils.
"The little time, I spent with you, I realized I could be a better person," He spoke while I swallowed.
"I won't hurt Jade, I promised myself that for a while, I want you to trust me that I won't hurt you," He said while I gaped at him speechlessly.
"Hurting you is like hurting myself, I knew what I passed through of how hurt you were, I was devastated myself,"
"I'm sorry, Jade, I hope you forgive me and give me a second chance with you," He pleaded while I was mesmerized by his words.
"Yes," I blurted out without thinking.
"Is that a yes for forgiving me and giving me another chance with you?" He asked, his face rising with hope.
"Yeah," I breathed out, and his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him while I gasped and stared at him.
Then, I decided to open my mouth to talk.
"Then, promise you won't get into another fight," I told him.
"I should be telling you that," He uttered, and we both laughed.
"Well, I won't be promising fully about that," He responded, while I arched a brow at him questioningly.
"You know why?" He asked, quirking his brow at me.
"Why?" I questioned bemusedly.
"Because I won't stand and watch still if someone mess or say something I don't like about you, I would be kicking asses cause of that," He answered while I smiled.
Our eyes held each other for a while, then Kayden lowered his gaze to my lips, then looked back into my eyes.
He pulled me closer, and I curled my arms around his neck, our upper bodies touching each other.
Kayden tilted his head, leaning closer to me and I waited for his lips to touch mine to claim it, and he did as we both kissed heatedly.