Chapter 15: Coming Clean

TW: BDSM, consensual slapping, Smut, verbal abuse

Your eyes shot open, you sucked air in through the plastic mask around your face. The ceiling of the medbay was the only thing you could see. Where was he...where was Kylo Ren?

"I'm here." The muffled metallic sound of his voice sounded like music to your ears.

You reached up and pulled the apparatus off your face, your eyes catching on to the shadow at your bedside. You took in a deep breath, unable to think about anything other than your desire to tell him how sorry you were that you weren't there, and that you would never leave him again. Why did he have to have that wretched mask on his face, you just wanted to look at him.

"Master, thank goodness." You felt the tears in your eyes but held them back. You didn't want him to know how desperately relieved you were to have him there. It was also painful for you to admit the same to yourself.

"We need to talk." He sounded cold, flat, as if he couldn't care less that you had both been through so much. "Go, get yourself cleaned up and dressed. Come to my quarters when you are done."

He left in a blur. You punched your mattress, wincing at the pain in your shoulder. It was mostly gone at this point, but you still felt ghostly remnants of aching. He made you feel so many things. Your stomach lurched with unease. One moment, you are so happy to see him, to just be breathing the same recycled air that he was, and the next, he was treating you like you were nothing, and like he couldn't give less of a care in the world about you and what happened to you. Maybe you shouldn't have saved him after all. Maybe you should've stayed on Evora.

The nurse came in and checked your vitals. After determining you were healthy enough to leave, she unhooked you from the various machines and sent you on your way. A feeling of anxiety passed through you as you toured the halls to your quarters. You wondered what he could possibly want to talk to you about. You wondered what he already knew about.

"Mistress!" Pacer called when your door opened. She ran to you. "Thank goodness you're here!"

"It looks like you've healed up well! They said your shoulder was hit pretty bad but it seems to be doing better." Jay looked you up and down. "Let's get you dressed, the Master has asked for you."

"Yes, let's not keep him waiting."

It was, surprisingly, a relief for you to be dressed into your training robes. You didn't expect to be doing much training today, but it was much more comfortable than your formal uniform, and deep down you knew Kylo Ren liked it. After being brushed with some light makeup and gently lining your eyes, you stepped out to the hall, making your way through corridor after corridor until you stood in front of his room. Your heart rate quickened just knowing he was on the other side of the doors. When they opened, he was waiting for you.

"Come." He said to you.

You stepped forward at once, worried about what would happen if you hesitated. The excitement you'd had about your return was slowly draining from your body the more and more he treated you like you were nothing to him. You stood, like always in his presence, hands to your sides. The door closed behind you, you heard him lock it. You tensed immediately. What if he knew something...something that could prove to be deadly.

He stood in front of you, his hands reached up and pulled off the mask. Every time you saw his face you melted a little inside. You felt your lips part, and you couldn't take your eyes off of his. You wanted to kiss him so badly, and you hated yourself for it.

"You saved me." You wished you could see what thoughts were looming behind those eyes. "Why?"

You looked at him incredulously, "with all due respect Master, what do you mean? You're the Supreme Leader! It's my duty, not only as your apprentice, but as a member of the First Order!"