Chapter 36: Pain

You were struggling uselessly against the binders holding your hands in place. You could see Kylo Ren walking away from you along parts of the wreckage. There was nothing you could do, but you had to try. Using your feet, you were able to open the TIE fighter. Bits of mist flew in at you, hitting your face. The coolness of the sea water felt refreshing on your swollen cheeks.

It was fortunate that he had bound your hands in front of you this time, allowing you the ability to pull yourself up and out of the ship, and onto the metal surface it rested on. There was no telling where he went through the treacherous waves that were bounding over the metal island on which you stood. When you got to the other side of the TIE fighter, your heart caught in your throat as you set your eyes upon the Death Star ruins.

All your life you'd heard the stories about the Death Star, and the impact it's had on the galaxy. It was surreal to see it in person, and you'd nearly forgotten why you were here. The further you walked toward the ruins, the more you realized that there was no way you were going to get there without using the Force. You could see through the waves, just barely, the black cape of Kylo Ren as he disappeared into the massive and broken super weapon.

"Ben!" You screamed, hoping that hearing you call his name, his real name would force him to come back to you, but he was gone. "Damn it!"

You dropped to your knees, feeling the sense of hopelessness washing over you like the waves that surrounded. The salt against the wounds on your chest and stomach burned. Your fists pounded onto the steel. There was nothing more frustrating than this, knowing that you had the strength to do something, but couldn't stop it.

"Sid!" You turned quickly, there was Finn, through the waves, he must've come to help Rey. He was joined by a woman you didn't recognize. It appeared they arrived on some form of a speeder.

You ran to him, slipping once, but quickly rising to fall into his arms. The fact that he was holding you surprised you. You'd half expected him to push you into the water, you knew how everyone thought of you, but he didn't push you, he just held you there.

"Finn, I know how this looks." It must've been difficult to discern the difference between your tears and the water from the waves. "I know how this all looks, but I'm on your side."

"None of that matters now." He pushed you back to arms length. "We have to save Rey."

You held up your cuffed hands in protest. You couldn't be of any help to anyone without the use of the Force. To your surprise, Finn ignited a saber. It wasn't just any saber, it was your lightsaber. The purple blade cut through your binders with ease, and they fell to the ground.

"Thank you." You said to him. "How did you get that?"

"Ren had it in his room, according to Rey. She took it, it's as if she knew you might need it." He handed it over to you.

It felt good to hold it in your hand again, it really was one with your body. You hugged Finn again before holding a hand out to the girl behind him. She shook your hand firmly.

"Hi there, I'm Jannah." She looked pleasant, and you sensed she was an ally immediately. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"I'm Sid." You said, giving her a loose smile.

"I don't mean to break this up, but you should go, quickly." Finn said urgently. "She's going to fight him up there, alone."

"Finn..." You looked in his eyes. "If for some reason we don't come back-"

"Don't say shit like that. I'll see you in a while. Now go!" He yelled before you took off into the waves.

Your footing was much more secure with the Force on your side. You were able to jump from wreckage to wreckage on your way to the main ruins. Though you had never been inside, you felt a connection to the structure. Your father had told you stories about Luke, Leia, Han, and the others when they were all young, and how they took down the Death Star. It just didn't seem real, until now.