Chapter 18: The Call to the Dark

Consensual hitting

Night fell over the Tempest. You knew it was as good a time as any to traverse the ship, looking for answers. With Kylo Ren gone, you had to use this opportunity to see what you could gather for information. Finally, you had the chance to do what you had come here to do.

You didn't even know where to begin, but figured that the General probably knew more than he was telling you. He didn't owe any allegiance to you, other than what the Supreme Leader demanded. There was no way you could get into his office, you were sure of it, but perhaps you could get to him personally. You were strong enough with the Force that you knew you could talk to him, and then make him forget you had ever been there, but it was too risky. Kylo Ren would no doubt sense something in his mind had been altered upon his return. That plan wasn't going to work.

You stepped out to the halls, knowing you had to start there at least. The white helmets wouldn't know anything, they were the lowest level troopers, hence why moving up in the ranks was so important, though you moved up too far, and too fast. One of the Command Shuttle engineers might know something, or perhaps the engineers for his personal TIE fighter. Talking to them unnoticed wouldn't be easy either.

Corridor after corridor and you passed, thinking of what to do next. You were distracted enough that you realized you wandered to his room unintentionally. The door was closed, as one would expect, but with little effort, you used the Force to pry it open. Why hadn't you thought of this sooner? Somehow the room was colder without him inside, it felt different.

You walked to his closet and opened it. His clothes smelled like him, and it took your breath away. You gripped one of his undershirts. It took all your strength to prevent yourself from shredding it in your hands, he was infuriating, and alluring. You let go of the shirt, if you destroyed anything, he would know someone had been in here.

You noticed out of the corner of your eye, there on the table in the corner sat a datapad. You wondered why he would've left it behind, but being the Supreme Leader, he probably had many of them.

You grabbed it, there had to be answers inside, something, even the smallest piece of information you could bring back, to prove to the Resistance that you were still on their side. You flipped through it as fast as possible, knowing that the longer you lingered the more likely you were to get caught. It was a memo that caught your eye, it was titled Anakin. Your mouth remained agape while your eyes shifted over every word of the document.

"They aren't making more Starkiller bases, they've perfected the Death Star." You didn't realize how much your hands were sweating and shaking until the datapad fell from your hand, cracking when it hit the floor. "Shit." you muttered under your breath. You put it back on the corner table. You couldn't take it, you could only hope that maybe he would think the cleaning crew dropped it by accident.

Quickly, you ran from his room back to yours. You had to tell someone, you had to try to reach Rey. If you had gotten through to Kylo Ren when he was in the medbay, then you might be able to get through to her. The First Order had plans to create hundreds of Death Stars, some were already built. They would sit in all reaches of the galaxy, pointed at any planet that dared to defy them. The original Death Star had so many flaws, this one would reign supreme. The Starkiller base II and III had been decoys, no doubt in place to create confusion and send First Order opposers on the wrong trail.

All night and for three days you tried to reach Rey, to no avail. You weren't sure if you just weren't strong enough, or if she was blocking you out. On the fourth day, you had to cease your attempts, he was back. You wanted to still be angry, but you'd had time to get your anger out on poor Captain Liprain, and just knowing Kylo Ren was on board again made you feel alive. These damned feelings.