Chapter 35: Sacrifice

You had dozed off, and fortunately, at least this time, you hadn't had any nightmares. You only awoke because you'd felt Rey, only faintly. The restraints around you remained, blocking your ability to connect, but she must've been looking for you. The unusual hum of the Finalizer let you know it was hovering. It wasn't normally something that happened, unless you were over a planet.You'd noticed the blood on your body had dried, and your throat was even drier. When General Pryde came in with a bottle of water you had actually been relieved to see him.

He didn't speak to you, and until you had some water, you couldn't bear the thought of even attempting to speak. As the liquid poured down your throat you started to feel better almost immediately, save for your pained cheeks, throbbing skull, and the aching burn of the other wounds you'd received.

"Thank you." You managed to choke out.

"Don't thank me." He threw the empty bottle onto the floor. "If I had it my way, you'd die of thirst."

"Where are we?" You asked, hoping you weren't yet on Exegol.

"Supreme Leader Kylo Ren has tracked your friends here to Kijimi." He was standing as tall as he could, feeling as though you and the others had been bested, and perhaps he was right. You didn't see a way out of this.

You had never been to Kijimi, but you knew they'd been hit hard when the First Order took over. They had curfew, constant patrols, and most of the children, if not all, had been taken to serve the First Order. You continued to feel Rey, and felt her as she boarded. She really was a good friend, despite thinking that you were stupid for leaving them on Pasaana to try and distract Kylo Ren. Your heart felt warm again.

"Shit." You said, shaking your head, playing along.

"They'll finally get what they all deserve." He said before exiting the room.

You were alone again, looking straight ahead. It was difficult to keep yourself from falling asleep again, but you had to. Again, you tried to pull against your restraints but to no avail. Your strength was dwindling the longer you stayed here. It was like nothing you had experienced before, being cut off from the Force. You had been so used to being able to call things to you, bend the environment surrounding you to your will.

You kept feeling Rey getting closer to you as you pictured her running through the halls. During your time in this room, you'd formulated a plan to help, from the inside. It was going to seem like, to your friends anyway, you were reverting back, back to the dark side, but you weren't. You couldn't help but think that your best way to help would be from within the First Order, by cooperating with Kylo Ren, for now.

It wasn't long before she ran in, blaster in hand. She was shocked to see you. You'd been like this for so long at this point you'd forgotten that you were naked. Her jaw dropped, but she didn't rush to you. It dawned on you...she wasn't here for you.

"Sid, what the-" She got closer to you, looking at your injuries. "What happened to you?"

"They tried to get information out of me. I didn't tell them where the Resistance is." You assured her. "Quickly, before they come back, let me out."

She hesitated, looking back at the door, and then back at you. "Sid...why did you leave us...on Pasaana, you-"

"Oh fuck off Rey, you act so self righteous, you always act like you're justified in your crap but you're not!" You felt the tears coming back. You knew she was going to question you like this and it had upset you. "I came back on this ship, dealt with hours of torture so that you could have a hope of escape."

"We all know why you came back to the First Order. You can't keep doing this and lying to us!" She was getting angry.

"If that's what you really think, then why the hell did you come here?" You couldn't understand.