Chapter 21: Friends to Enemies

The familiar sight of the Finalizer gave you a wave of comfort. You sensed Kylo Ren's relief too, after such an ordeal, it was good to be alive, and good to be back somewhere you both had once called home. When you landed, an overwhelming number of soldiers both low and higher ups ran to receive you.

"Supreme Leader!" A hard-faced woman approached. "We got your signal when you departed but lost you. Your tracker must've been shot."

"General Ito," he directed his attention to the woman, "I want the Supreme Council to meet tonight, by hologram or otherwise."

"Yes, Supreme Leader."

Without further word, Kylo Ren stomped off, and you followed. He placed his helmet on his head, you didn't even realize that he had stepped off the TIE fighter without it on.

Through the corridors you passed the med bay and you noticed how busy it was. Others from the Tempest must've made it off the ship. Your mind went to Pacer and Jay and you hoped they were alright. You would have to wait and ask someone later. The two of you approached the Command Center. He stopped in front of the doors.

"Go to your room." He demanded.

You looked at him, was he about to toss you aside again? After you just returned from such an ordeal? Of course he was. You furrowed your brow, and clenched your fists.

"Yes, Master." You said with some undeniable attitude.

As you turned to go, he gripped the back of your shirt and pulled you close, your back still to him. His mask was cold against your ear.

"Watch your tone. You've been through a lot and I'm sure you would like to freshen up before the meeting."

"Yes, Master." You pulled yourself away from him and retreated to your room.

You had spent less time in your room here than you had in your room on the Tempest , but just knowing you were back on the ship you had spent five years on gave you some semblance of normalcy. It felt empty when you got inside, though you were usually alone in your room, it sent aching to your heart to know your ladies wouldn't be accompanying you.

You showered, rinsing off days of sweat, filth, and Kylo Ren. Despite your frustration with him earlier, you felt relieved that he sent you here to get cleaned up. Not much later, two women entered your room. You lit up, but were discouraged to find that it wasn't Pacer or Jay, but two other women entirely.

"Hello Mistress, we are here to prepare you for the Supreme Council meeting." One of them said.

She had brown hair, and the other was blonde, you didn't even care to memorize their faces and features otherwise. It sounded heartless, but you weren't sure you had the energy to find new people to care for at this point in time. You had lost your father, the Resistance was turned against you, Kylo Ren was still cold as ever, and your ladies, the only people you had even close to friends here, might be dead.

No words were spoken. They dressed you in your formal garb, fixed your hair, and your makeup worked wonders to cover your fatigue from travel. You noted that your hair had looked better when the others worked on it, but you couldn't do anything about that now.

It was a few hours before nightfall was simulated aboard the Finalizer, and you were standing next to the Supreme Leader at the head of the Council's meeting table. Some were there via hologram, and the rest were there in person. The tension in the room could be snapped with your finger, but Kylo Ren stood firm and confident, as always.

"The Tempest has been destroyed." He began, "Has anyone seen Allegiant General Brock?"

No one spoke, you looked down at the floor for a moment, and then back up and the Council members. You had known General Brock for only a short while, but he was someone you respected, and felt he had been a friendly face amongst much of the disarray that had been your life. You were still worried about Jay and Pacer, and for a moment your mind even wandered to Captain Liprain, had he made it?