Chapter 28: Saying Goodbye

The Finalizer was buzzing with troops getting ready to deploy. Kylo Ren came to your room to retrieve you. You knew this day would come, your last day in the First Order, but you didn't think it would be this hard to leave. You had a small bag of items you had handed to Pacer. It would've been concerning if you had been seen carrying a bag. Inside you were screaming for him to take off the mask, sweep you into his arms, apologize for everything and just tell you he loved you. Not surprisingly, he didn't do that.

"We are departing, are you ready?"

Your heart sank. You looked around your room, you were going to miss it, though you should be feeling relieved right now. You took a moment to drink him in. His wide, dark frame was standing in your room. So many times had he stood before you, commanding you, overpowering you, defiling you. It was hard to think that this would be the last time you two stood here.

"Yes, Master." You remembered that Pacer would be joining you. "Master, I would like Pacer to join us. She has never seen the ocean. I've been told the oceans of Evora are breathtaking."

"So long as she doesn't become a burden." You were surprised he said yes, but if he'd said no, you didn't exactly have a plan b.

"Thank you, Master."

"Come." He demanded, turning on his heel and exiting to the hall.

You absorbed your last moments aboard the Finalizer. Following him, his boots thumping ahead of you, and you struggling to keep up. Some troopers passed you, nodding their heads out of respect. You even touched the metal wall as you passed, just to feel it once more. Your heart was aching, and you were feeling nauseous. Pacer's hand touched your back. You looked at her and nodded, telling her that you were ok, even though you weren't.

You felt like it both took too long, and not long enough to get to the hangar. As you walked onto the gangway, you said a silent goodbye to the Finalizer. There would be no point in going to your small room on the command shuttle, as the trip was going to be short. General Pryde was on board as well. You had no doubt he would be the one leading the invasion. You only hoped everyone in the Resistance was gone. For the last time, you stood by Kylo Ren's side in front of the window as the ship took off. It came on quickly, the nausea was hitting again, this time, overpowering you.

You ran to the bathroom, emptying the contents of your stomach almost immediately when you got there. This anxiety was becoming overwhelming. You knew you would feel better when you were gone from Evora on the X-wing, but until then your gut would be buzzing. The door to the bathroom opened, you turned to see Kylo Ren there. You went to the sink to rinse your mouth before looking back at him again.

"Yes, Master?" You asked, not sure why he was blocking your way from leaving the restroom.

"Feeling alright?" He wasn't asking in a caring manner, his tone suggested he was more curious about why you were sick.

"I'm fine." You pushed past him. You knew that wouldn't work. He grabbed your shoulder and turned you.

"Is this a new illness?" He was still probing.

You realized what he probably thought. "It's not...that. The First Order forces all of the recruits, soldiers and officers to be on birth control...you know that."

"Then what is it?"

Why did he care?

"I don't know, nerves I guess. Let's just go." You continued by him again, this time he let you go. You were grateful for that, you weren't sure how you would explain why you were nervous.

He didn't question you further as the command shuttle landed softly on the sand. Seeing your childhood home just up the beach filled you with excitement, warmth, and even more nausea. You could feel Pacer growing anxious next to you as well. This was the biggest mental challenge you'd had since you first met Kylo Ren.