Chapter 32: The Broadcast

"Sid! Rey! The Falcon's back!" Pacer ran over to you.

The purple blade of your saber disappeared and you replaced it on your belt. Rey sheathed hers as well. You both ran to the landing zone. As you ran, members of the fire crew ran by you in a panic. Shit, you thought. As you both ran up, BB-8 in tow, Poe jogged up and stood in front of you. This shouldn't have surprised you, but it didn't stop you or Rey from being frustrated with his reckless personality.

"Hey!" Rey shouted.

"Hey!" Poe responded, he was seemingly irritated, and by the sight of the Falcon, rightfully so.

"Did you find the spy?" Rey asked, chest heaving from the sprint.

"Poe, what the-" you started, jaw falling open as you took in the sight behind him.

"Yeah, give me shit if you want, but we really could've used you both out there so..." Poe ran a hand through his thick locks.

"What happened to the Falcon?" You asked, your mouth still agape.

"Wha-" he looked down at BB-8, "What did you do to the droid?" You looked down at the orange-white ball shaped droid at your feet. Rey said she was distracted earlier when she was doing her Jedi training and dropped a tree on him. When you looked back at the ship, there was no comparison. The thing was on fire, and Poe was just being deflective, as always.

"What happened to the Falcon, Poe?" Rey pushed back, he was starting his nonsense again about you and Rey not being there for every single mission they went on.

"Don't even start, the Falcon looks a lot better than he does." Poe said in retort.

"You know what Poe," you threw your arms up, "you're impossible! Just tell us what happened, for fuck's sake."

"Not until you tell me first." You could've punched him square in the mouth, if not for your love for his wife, you would've.

Rey's mouth turned into a frustrated smile. Poe should consider himself lucky that she was a Resistance member and not a Sith or he would've been done right then and there. If Rey ever smiled at someone like that, it was not to be confused with happiness, she was, in fact, furious.

"You're difficult, you're a difficult man." She shook her head and pushed by him to hug Finn.

You heard Jen running behind you yelling for Poe. She was very slightly starting to show. Their son, Gavyn, a spitting image of Poe himself, came running over to greet him as well. When they all embraced you turned away. It relieved you and simultaneously upset you that a month had gone by without seeing Kylo Ren, not once. You were mostly glad though. Even though it still stung to see couples in love and showing affection, it was getting easier, and you were starting to feel better one day at a time.

You heard Chewie let out a guttural howl from the Falcon. He seemed upset, understandably. This was his final memory of Han, and it wasn't clear to you yet if it was going to be salvageable. You still couldn't understand Shyriiwook, and regrettably you didn't know him as well as you wanted to, but Rey was always there to translate.

"You lightspeed skipped?!" Rey turned back to Poe who was now finished committing public displays of affection with Jen. "Poe, the compressor's down!"

"Oh I know! I was there! Every single time, unlike some of you." Poe was struggling to keep his hot headedness under wraps, and so was Rey. You didn't usually get in the middle of it when they started going at it, but he was dragging you into this too, and his attitude was getting under your skin.

"That's enough, you guys are ridiculous. Just tell us what happened!" You said. The bottom line was that you needed to know if there was a spy in the First Order or not, and if there was, you needed to know what they'd found.