Chapter 33: Return to the Finalizer

TW: Hitting, Degrading, Verbal Abuse, blood, torture

"Shit!" Poe shouted. "He's on his way here, now?"

"Yes, we have to get back to the Falcon." You urged.

"We can't go back there, it's gonna be swarmed with troopers." Finn made a good point.

You heard a metallic voice, "hey you!" It was a trooper. Panic set in, you all stepped back.

You were sure you were all done for. You gripped the cold metal lightsaber on your hip and ignited it. Without letting your gaze off the trooper you spoke to your friends.

"Guys...go." You took a defensive stance.

Rey piped up, "no, we aren't leaving without you!"

"Go!" You shouted!

"Come with me!" An unknown voice shouted from behind you, someone you hoped to be an ally, but you were too worried about the trooper in front of you to turn.

You made quick work of the trooper. Their armor was no match for your saber, and you quickly returned it to its sheath. You saw the TIE fighters landing in the distance. You knew he wouldn't be far behind. You turned to your friends, locked eyes with Rey, she saw right through you.

"Sid, don't you-"

"I have to! It's the only way!" You yelled to her. "Just trust me."

You could tell by her face that she, in fact, didn't trust you. You ran right back toward the Falcon, ignoring her yells to you. You heard Poe tell her to let her go, it's not the first time she's abandoned us. His words hurt, and you knew he was right, but this time your heart was in the right place, he just didn't see it that way. This was a sacrificial move, and you knew there was a slim chance you would survive this encounter with the Supreme Leader. You didn't know what your plan was exactly, but you knew if you could get to Kylo Ren, and distract him, then you might be able to help your friends get away, and find the Wayfinder.

You could sense him, he was approaching at a rapid pace. You could feel him, through the crowd and out to the open desert. You pushed through the people, out to the vast expanse of sand that surrounded them. There it was, the TIE Whisper, coming toward you, followed by a transport you had never seen before.

As it landed, you felt anxious. You hadn't seen him...really seen him since you left him on Evora. You weren't sure how you would feel when you finally did see him, but you hoped you could stay strong. If your buckling in the tent to his touch only moments ago was any indication, you were doomed.

The TIE landed, and a masked Kylo Ren stood before you for the first time since you had left him. You ignited your saber. You had no intention of harming him, but you knew you may need to defend yourself. He was walking toward you, large and commanding as ever, his Knights followed behind him, coming out of the strange transport. You wondered when he'd decided to bring them back. You knew Kylo Ren was the Master of the Knights of Ren, but they hadn't been around in a long time.

You suddenly regretted whatever bravery led you to this moment. His saber was ignited as he approached you. There was no doubt he expected you to fight him. You knew trying to take him down would be hard enough, never mind trying to take down all the Knights of Ren. You also couldn't be sure that if faced with the task of defeating him, you would be able to do so.

"Sidrienne." He spoke loudly over the wind. "Are you going to come easily?" He pointed the lightsaber in your direction. "Or do you want to do this the hard way?"

If not for the band of dark clothed monsters around him, you might've tried to fight him even if only to waste his time. Given the circumstances, your chances of distracting him was going to be better if you complied. You switched off your saber and tossed it in his direction. He disengaged his and replaced it on his hip. You held your hands out together.