chapter 44

may's pov

we got out of the elevator and searched for room 325 where hayes is being held.

"here it is" matt said. my heart was having a race. i wanted to break down so bad.

matt turned the doorknob and we entered the room.

it was a typical hospital room. gloomy, white painted walls, sad white bed,chairs and some hospital stuff.

and on the sad white bed was hayes and a person was sitting beside him.

nash.

"hey nash" matt said and smiled at him. nash's blue eyes were red and puffy. he sniffled and smiled weakly.

hayes sat up on the bed,eyes fixed on me. i gave him a glare with my teary eyes.

"why hayes?" i said, my voice cracked. "why didn't you tell me?"

"i don't want you to worry,may" he said. he looked at me with pity with a hint of guilt. "I didn't want you to get sad."

"sad? I'm devastated hayes! i'm going to-" i paused,letting my tears go. i didnt want to say that word,i didnt want to complete my sentence.

hayes looked at his wrists,inserted with tubes. "you're not gonna lose me here" he said pointing at his chest.

i got the picture.

i covered my face then sobbed, i couldnt lose him, my best friend, a brother. matt's arms were wrapped around my body.

then a man,around his 30s stepped into the room.i looked up at him. "oh,um,i'm so sorry for disturbing, just wanted to check up on young benjamin" he said.

"go ahead" nash said and stood up. he wiped his tears away.

"thank you" he said and checked hayes up. his name tag wrote dr.skeheller,unique.

"it's getting bad" dr.skeheller said then sighed.

"w-what is?" i asked, wanting to break down again.

"his conditions,miss" he said. "we'll probably have to get him surgery." he looked sad.

"what is wrong with him, doctor?" matt asked.

"didn't benjamin tell you?" he said,suprised.

"it's hayes and not detailed" hayes said,seeming chill.

"well, young benja- i mean Hayes and has a primary brain tumor. he complained to me that he has been facing headaches,clumsiness,nausea, vomiting and difficulty in speech. we don't know what caused that but it's getting really bad" he finished.

"so you're saying he has brain cancer?" matt asked.

"yes, if you want to put it that way" dr.skeheller said.

i felt my heart stopped and my legs became like jelly. I collapsed on the floor and curled up into a ball then sobbed.

brain cancer.

__________________________
i want to cry now omfg:((

well let's see what happens next next week.

vote and comment☺️
-🌸