CHAPTER 5: First Encounter

CYDNI

I've been here a week now and so far things are going okay. It is pretty nice having a room all to myself however, I am afraid of they catch on that my cousin isn't going to be staying with me then I will have to share the room with some stranger. But I guess I will cross that bridge if and or when it ever comes.

So far I like my courses though, but the only problem I have is that they feel too basic. I know this is my first year here but so far I have felt even more out of place - as if I have needed to hold myself back a little and pretend I don't know how to do the basic stuff, for the sake of having unwanted attention or any reason to have anybody start to bully me over it.

I've seen Morgan with her posse walking around campus every so often but we never catch each other's attention and I am still okay with that.

I was looking around in this big library that is filled with thousands and thousands of books if not more and can't believe that they still have a library, with all the technology these days. I like it though. Not to mention these aren't the kind you can just publish as an ebook.

Aside from that though, there is history in this place and you can tell it has been around for a very long time. The inside has chipped spots in the wood and some fading as well can be seen. The wooden creeking floors have scuffs from the many who have walked upon them. Even years of the bindings to the books and aged paper inside them, reveal that many have been here.

I began looking through some books to find anything that could possibly try and give me a challenge of some sort so that in my own time, I could practice and help myself advance more and enhance my abilities.

There were two that stood out to me the most, so I decided to check them out. The lady at the front looked up at me above her glasses that rested on the edge of her nose then looks back down at the books, before shrugging her shoulders and took her wand to do her signature with a flick of her wrist, before handing them to me.

While walking towards my dorm room, I had decided on walking passed the park because it had enough lighting to help me feel safe at night.

I was enjoying the night air when suddenly, out the corner of my eye, I noticed a bright glowing greenish-blue light coming from a darker end of the park and thanks to my stupid curiosity, decided to go and see what was going on.

The closer I had gotten, the more I heard some male voices mumbling and laughing with each other.

Then right when I got just a little bit closer, I saw a hot looking guy with slicked back hair, tattoos all over his arms and neck who definitely looked like he would be labeled a 'badboy.' Not to mention he gave off the scent of a werewolf and had the physique of an Alpha.

After seeing what I just did, I told myself how that was impossible because you can't be both.....Then it hit me. Oh my god, he's a hybrid?! I thought there weren't any left of his kind? If the head Dean of the Academy ever got word of this.....

Next, I saw the fire that was coming from this guy's hand, quickly disappear as soon as he spotted me. Now all of them were looking at me.

I was frozen with fear for a brief moment before noticing them start walking towards my direction.

Next I instantly snapped my attention back to reality and immediately tried running faster than I ever have in my entire life towards my dorm room.

Not being a fast runner in general, I would have sworn they were going to catch up to me, but they didn't and I was able to make it back to my room safely.

I figured that was the end of all that and learned not to be so nosy and to try and forget about what I saw all together.

Several days passed and I never saw those guys again. Not that I would have been able to necessarily identify them in a line up or anything, considering the fact I could barely see their features that night.

Tonight after I had just finished having dinner at a diner down the street, I started walking back towards my room and was enjoying the night air as there wasn't too much of a breeze and the stars scattered in the sky lit up the sidewalk mostly.

I enjoyed nights like these because they reminded me of the many times my parents would have us lay out and try to count the stars and connect them to create a shape of some sort, using our wands.

I wasn't too far from the dorms and almost was past the park when I suddenly was stopped in my tracks by an uneasy feeling in my chest and stomach. So I tried to hurry up some more while hoping that whoever it was following me (if my feeling was even correct), was slower than me.

Afraid that I couldn't make it, I quickly ducked behind a huge tree I noticed between a building and the park and tried quietly to catch my breath.

I could hear something getting closer by the way the leaves were rustling. I knew now for sure I was being followed. But by who?

I tried not to freak out and pull myself together when suddenly I couldn't hear anything any more. The abrupt silence instilled more fear into me though.

I waited a few moments longer before slowly looking around behind me and the tree to make sure that nobody was there. As soon as I saw nobody around and started thinking to myself how maybe I am just being paranoid, I started to quickly walk away.

However, right as I took a few steps forward, out of nowhere, I felt myself being forcefully pinned back up against the tree with a hand covering my mouth.

"Quiet!" Some guy wearing a hoodie sternly said.

Right away I was freaked out more than ever as I suddenly realized it is the hybrid.

Oh shit. He's going to kill me.

"Now, I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanted to make sure that we had an understanding about what you saw the other night. You are not to tell anyone, understand?!" He tells me in a surprisingly non-aggressive tone but yet, with assertiveness at the same time.

I began nodding my head vigorously 'yes.'

"Good." He replies.

I had thought for sure that this was how my life would end. But it didn't.

He stood there for a moment longer then looked down at my lips and then back into my eyes again and not knowing what he had planned to do next, I quickly was able to release my hand from his grip and punching him with all that I had, causing him to push away and hold the side of his face while I started taking off.

Oh shit! I just punched a werewolf who once again, I believe may be an Alpha.

That's it! I am dead!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)