CHAPTER 31: Promises

CYDNI

I truly meant what I told him before Reece and I went to the shop to grab the few ingredients we had needed for our project. I genuinely do trust him. However, I just don't trust Sonya.

Now, it is not like I ever trusted her before but especially now, ever since I have wondered about where Morgan was and why she was not with them.

Right as Reece and I had both finished shopping, I offered to buy her some hot tea or coffee at a place right around the corner.

Once we sat down, Reece makes a comment that I thought was really nice and adorable.

"You and Remington really trust one another and are very cute together." She states.

"Yes we do and thank you." I smiled. "What about you? Are you seeing anyone?"

"No." She shook her head before taking a sip from her tea.

"Are you interested in anybody?" I asked.

"I do but..." She shrugged.

"Who?" I asked.

"It could never be allowed." She says.

"What do you think about Rem and I?! Ours is forbidden and we are taking a huge risk. We know others know and assume that at any moment, both councils of ours will ask us to go and explain. I say, you should go for it." I tell her.

"No. It will never be allowed and my parents already doubt me and don't believe I will ever be good enough. coming to this academy is my last chance to impress them and the last thing I need to worry about is being killed or locked forever in confinement all because I want to do..." She stopped herself for a moment and tried to collect herself before continuing. "I am not as brave as both you and Remington and I have more to lose. Not to mention the fact that it will most definitely not be work in my favor. Even if the one I liked, even if it worked out to where he wanted to be with me, it wouldn't." She finished with a lot of sorrow in her voice.

I could see a lot of me more in her right now than I had so for and already felt protective over her. So I went out on the limb and decided to tell her something I was sure personally about but not entirely sure I could, according to the laws. However, I don't care. So be it.

I leaned over and placed my hand on top of hers then had her look at me.

"Listen to me. I promise you, on both mine and my parents lives, I will NOT let anyone, especially the councils, to ever put you away in confinement or punish you in any other way. And if in the end, all that is left is you, me, and Remington, then so be it. We will be the baddest outsiders or whatever pathetic name they decide to label us under." I promise her.

I can see the tears that were forming in both her eyes were now being wiped away by her hand as she began to smile at me.

Throughout the next hour of us both sitting and getting to know one another, by the end of the night, we had decided to meet up tomorrow and work on our project but then tomorrow night, she was invited to a nice small barbecue with only Remington's future pack and their mates along with the guy she had mentioned she had liked.

I never thought I would be in this position but am glad that I am in a way and believe that both her and this guy will be good for each other. Now I just have to tell Remington about the plan, since especially he would be the one doing the grilling.

When I had returned back to the dorm, I noticed Remington was sitting on the couch, scrolling through lists of movies when he saw me as I walked over and sat down beside him.

"Hey baby! Where's Reece?" He asks.

"She was tired after we had grabbed some coffee."

"Ah. So that's what took you so long." He said.

"Yeah well, I wanted to give you and Sonya some time to start your guys' project." I teased him.

"Whatever." He jokingly rolled his eyes and explained about the 'understanding' Sonya now has and mentioned about all four of us studying at the library, in public, together - starting tomorrow. To which I agreed to.

Next I mentioned about tomorrow night and he agreed actually in what I thought about with Reece and inviting who she liked to the gathering. 

We sat there for moments longer watching a movie and almost halfway into the second movie, we both decided to have some fun before going to sleep eventually.

Tomorrow night will be fun and interesting and even though we are probably biting off more than we - me in particular, than I can chew, I still meant what I told her and am not one to break my promises.

Besides, Remington has my back as well and are already fighting against all odds.

No matter what happens, I will have no regrets.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Back on schedule now guys. But hope you enjoy this. :)