CHAPTER 10: What's To Come

REMINGTON

I sat at the table while going back and forth in my head for a moment of whether or not I should go after her and ask what her deal was.

Fuck it!

I decided to grab my things and while checking out the books, the librarian volunteered to provide me her first name and that she is one of the best witches left.

In that same moment, I discovered the librarians' abilities as she too knew mine and leaned forward towards me to lowly mention she won't tell anybody what I am. 

Wow! As relieved as I felt knowing the secret was safe with her, I never thought she would know I was a hybrid. She truly is talented.

Right as I stepped outside and took a quick look to the left then right, I had noticed she was already gone. So I figured I would just let it go.....for now. 

Then wouldn't you know it? A week later almost, while eating lunch not too far from the academy, the guys and I grabbed something quick at one of our favorite places, when all of a sudden, I saw her sitting alone near the window.

The timing couldn't be any better because there was a table right behind her and while we ate, I couldn't help but look over one fo the guys' shoulders at her who I could tell knew that I was looking at her and tried hard to avoid looking at me at all cost.

I made sure to be low-key about it because I didn't want any of the guys to get any wrong ideas or anything.

Then not too long after we started to eat, I saw she got up, threw away her trash right before heading back to the academy.

Don't know exactly what possessed me to stand up a few moments later to try and catch up to talk to her or why the hell I even cared but my wolf made me.

So I quickly excused myself and started to head out, looking left to right until I next stopped myself the moment I noticed her talking to one of Sonya's new minions, or as I like to call them her 'toys.'

Sonya enjoys finding others who are weaker than her and pretends to be their friend and to help that person get good at their abilities. However, it is all for show. They are practically her slaves and never learn or grow as much (she is great at manipulation).

I sat down on a nearby bench with my back towards them and tried to hear what they were saying.

Regardless of the fact they were several feet away from me. Then again, one of the big perks of being a werewolf, in particular, an Alpha, I have excellent hearing. Better than any human and can hear a few miles away even.

"Why is she coming?!" I overheard Cydni snap at the Morgan girl.

"Hell if I know!" Morgan snapped back. "Doesn't matter anyways if we like it or not. She IS coming tonight and as long as we act as if we have been staying together in the dorms, we'll be fine." She states.

"Fine." Cydni replied, annoyed. "Go and grab some of your stuff and I will make it look as if you have been there." Cydni stated.

I stop hearing anymore talking and as I look over my shoulder back at them, they both seemed to have walked off in different directions.

Who was coming?! And why did Cydni not like them?!

"Hurry up! We're gonna be late for class!" My wolf reminded me.

I started sprinting towards my next few classes before calling it a day and when I was finished, my uncle mindlinked me stating he needed to speak with me tonight after I got back to the dorms.

What the hell did I do now?! He was just here even. Although I must admit that I could hear in the tone of his voice that whatever he needed to tell me was both  important and serious.

The guys were all heading to the bar tonight and as much as I wanted to go with them I knew I couldn't. So I waited until my uncle mindlinked me.

Except after hearing a knock on the door and answering it, to my surprise, he was here.

"I thought you were gonna mindlink me?" I said.

"Yes well, I felt this would be better in person." He mentions.

After stepping in and taking a seat in one of the arm chairs across from where I decided to sit, he right away started to tell  me what was going on.

"Now don't ask me why or even ask me how to get out of it because I can't answer neither. Just listen and do as you are asked." He starts.

"Okay...?" I replied.

"The Moon Goddess has asked for you to do her a favor. What it requires will not only be rewarding on many levels of becoming a future Alpha in general but will help me determine if you are ready to take your father's spot in the council." He says. 

"What exactly is it that she wants me to do?" I asked while feeling a bit honored that the Moon Goddess would ask me for a certain task.

"She will fill you in the night after next through mindlink and need you to take it seriously. Because she will also decide if whether or not you deserve to have what you have always wanted." He finishes.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing and yet was feeling a bit happy. Then after quickly replaying the last part of what he told me in this being a way of possibly showing the Moon Goddess I am worthy of receiving something I have wanted more than anything. And I can't wait to prove to them both I am worthy of the future title of Alpha and the position in the wolf council along with everything else I have longed for.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)