CHAPTER 15: Hot and Cold

CYDNI

Monday came real quick and throughout the rest of the weekend I just thought about what happened at the party and telling it was my first time. I felt embarrassed but then caught myself thinking of how bad I wanted him to not stop kissing me.

His hands felt amazing and his lips were soft and we kissed I felt myself being thankful I was laying down because I felt like if I was standing I would collapse from my knees becoming weak.

There was a part of me that wanted to be more than just his friend but I wasn't too sure that that was what he wanted and I know how werewolves, especially Alphas, how they can become aggressive and lose their tempers. Not to mention the fact that even if we wanted to ever be together, we couldn't because hybrids are not allowed.

No. This was better. To be friends. Nothing more. I mean another good reason even for us not being able to be together ever is because he will find his mate and I would be devastated. So this is better. Just friends.

Besides, I can't afford any distractions in the long run and my parents would want me to focus on my studies so that is exactly what I will do.

Between classes, I would pass by Remington and his friends and they would all nod a 'what's up' along with a smile as I smiled back as well.

Once I finished up with my last class, I was heading out the door when a guy came up to me from one of my early courses.

"Hey!" He greets me.

"Hi." I replied.

"My name's Leonardo but my friends and family call me, Leo." He introduced himself with his hand held out.

"I'm Cydni." I replied while shaking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you." He says.

"You too." I tell him.

He was a good-looking guy. He had a nice muscular physique with long dark hair and reminded me of the guy Lestat from that movie Queen Of The Damned.

"Listen, I know this might be a bit weird and all but, I was wondering if you would help me study for our test coming up next week? I mean, you seem to be really knowledgeable about all of this and am really wanting to make my parents proud." He asks in a nervous way.

"Uh...Sure." I answered.

"Really? Oh thank God." He said with a sigh of relief. "It's kind of embarrassing because I come from a family of sorcerer's who I know would kill me if I failed. And normally I'm good at spells but, this year is really tough."

"Yeah. It has its challenges for sure. But we can get together and meet up at the library even tonight and begin." I suggest.

"Sure. I can be there by six? Is that okay?" He asks.

"Sounds good. I'll meet you out front." I tell him.

"Cool. Thanks." He smiles.

Once we had finished talking, I headed out the double doors of the academy and began making my way to the grocery store and supplies place just around the corner from the store to grab groceries and then some ingredients for some of the spells that will be on the test coming up.

I ended up grabbing some supplies first and then made my way to pick up some groceries before heading back to my dorm room.

Once I got off the elevator on the floor my room was on, I noticed Remington was standing back against the wall next to my door with one of his feet leaning against the wall also.

"What are you doing here? And how did you know I was staying at this room?" I asked him.

"I asked the lady in the front." He states as he grabbed some bags from my hand.

"You don't have to carry those." I tried to tell him.

"Uh-uh-uh. I got it." He stated.

"Well, you must have snuck up here." I stated as I opened the door and we walked inside. "Because there is a reason as to why there are girl dorms and guys dorms." I pointed out.

"Yes well, what can I say? I have a way with people." He says.

"I bet." I teased.

"Anyways, I was thinking maybe you would want to hang out with my friends and I Thursday night at my dorm. It's my best friend, Damon's birthday." He says.

"Oh? Well won't that be awkward or weird since I don't really know them?" I point out.

"Nah. Besides, it would give the guys and you a chance to hang out and get to know each other. I mean, since we all are going to be friends and all." He mentions.

He had a point. So I guess I will have no choice. Plus, Timothy wouldn't mind us skipping one day of studying.

"True. alright then. What time?" I ask.

"Around 6:30." He tells me.

"Okay." I smiled.

"Cool! Now that I told you about it before I forgot, what are you doing tonight?" He asks.

"Nothing. I'm just meeting up with someone at the library to study." I tell him as I finish putting food and drinks away.

"Who?!" He asks in a tone that made me think for a brief second he was jealous?

Nah. I am just being silly. There is no way he would be that.

"Just a guy from class. He needs help studying for the exam we have next week." I explain.

"Pff. Yeah right." He says under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing." He replied with annoyance as he shook his head. "Well, have fun."

Then before I could even say another word, he stormed out of the room and I just stood there not believing he just acted like that.

Oh well. What the hell ever. I need to quickly heat up something fast and grab some things before heading towards the library anyways.

Maybe Remington just had another bad conversation with his uncle again.

Then there is always the other possibility that he has just proven, in the fact that he is no different than any other werewolves who act hot and cold quickly.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)