CHAPTER 40: What Is Happening?!

REMINGTON

After an hour of walking around, I was mindlinked by Damon who informed me I needed to meet him at the gym immediately.

Judging by the tone of his voice I knew something terrible happened or WAS happening. So I hurried as fast as I could towards the gym.

When I arrived, him along with the rest of the guys looked like they were preparing to shift and get ready to fight.

"What the hell is going on?!" I asked.

"Sonya and her covenant are preparing to start a fight with Cydni. Her aunt is there as well and Reece informed me minutes ago after she arrived there and said things are going to get bad soon because the Dean had informed the witch council of what they did a couple days ago and have sent their men to come and bring them back for judgement. Which we both know they won't go easily." He states.

"Fuck! So we're shifting or what are we doing?" I asked.

"We're shifting into our werewolves. We need to help them." He stated.

"Of course. Let's go." I replied.

Within seconds we all shifted into our wolves then quickly made our way towards the academy to try and help them out - with me leading the way.

While on our way, I asked Damon what they did and the moment he told me I became infuriated.

The moment we had turned the corner we ran even quicker as soon as I saw people were screaming in horror and running in all different directions for safety except for of course, Sonya, her covenant, Cydni's aunt as well as Cydni, her cousin and Reece as they all were firing at one another with several of the witches' council soldiers dead on the ground as the others still alive we're trying to fight back. As soon as we saw all of that we ran even faster to try and stop them.

Then as soon as I spotted Cydni, I saw Sonya quickly throw a ball of fire towards her, I immediately threw one at her, not caring if anybody saw. None of that matters right now.

Right away Sonya flew several feet in the air and hit the side of the academy building - putting a hole in the wall from the forceful impact before falling onto the ground.

When I reached Cydni, I noticed that she wasn't hit but was holding her cousin's body in her arms and lap.

"SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!" She screamed.

When she saw me I immediately picked up Morgan as she groaned in pain and I placed her somewhere safe, in the shop down the street before returning.

I saw Cydni standing and staring at her ain't as she mumbled something to herself. I couldn't make it out what she was saying but when I saw her aunt walking towards her with a sinister look, I knew something was about to happen.

Within seconds of me watching Cydni, she came to an abrupt stop of mumbling and as I snapped my attention back to her aunt, she quickly was caught on fire.

The screaming of pain she was in was horrific and something I have never heard in my life.

I was surprised that Cydni would even do such a thing but, I can not say I blame her.

However, not a moment after her aunt was in flames, the screaming had stopped and her aunt had disappeared entirely. Yet there were no ashes on the ground.

It seemed that after Cydni lit her aunt on fire, everybody else stopped fighting and had apparently watched in horror.

From this moment on Cydni will never be looked at the same unfortunately and I might be put into confinement for revealing my abilities and that I am a hybrid.

My guys had all ran towards the shop I had placed Morgan in and a moment later I joined them so we could shift back into our human bodies and found whatever clothing was available in the shop and got dressed before walking back outside.

While walking back towards Cydni, the Dean was already standing beside her and comforting her, while everyone else was looking at her before soon turning their heads towards me as I walked towards Cydni.

The Dean looked at me and gave me a look that made me right away understand exactly what she was trying to tell me or what I thought she was trying to tell me.

"I don't care what happens to me. I felt it was the only way to protect Cydni." I tell the Dean with my head held high.

She stood there looking at me with a blank face and then she smiled while walking towards me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"What you did, was absolutely amazing. I always knew what you were. And I promise, that the council will not confine you. The Moon Goddess and I along with your uncle will make sure of that." She says.

I was surprised to hear her tell me that but also relieved and believed her.

"There are many things that we have kept from you and that you deserve to know about. However, it will be best if both you, Cydni, your guys and Reece as well as Morgan, get as far away from here as possible. So all of you need to return to your apartment, pack and I will meet you there tonight. Understand?!" She states.

"Yes." I replied. "But what about..." I began to ask her but she stopped me.

"No questions now. Later. I will handle everybody here and we will meet later tonight." She says with more plead in her voice.

"Alright." I replied.

When I looked at Cydni, I saw her looking at me and I wasn't sure if she was still upset with me or not and did not question anything but instead watched her as she began walking up to me before we walked towards the shop to get Morgan, along with Reece and the guys before next heading back towards the apartment.

Once we got to the apartment, I asked if Reece could make her way towards their place and quickly grab a bag of both hers and Cydni's things then return. Damon offered to escort her.

I know that Cydni already had her messenger bag that included the things she cares about the most but she needed some clothes at least as well as a few other things of hers I know she would need to have.

Not sure what is about to happen tonight when the Dean gets here or what she will talk about but it did not matter right now. I was more worried about Cydni as she sat next to Morgan on the bed in the spare bedroom, helping her heal.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)