CHAPTER 50: War?!?

REMINGTON

There was much more I would have liked to have told her last night, but Cydni stopped me after I informed her about her parents' death being done at the hands of my father and a couple of others, including even the head councilman. So for now, I will just let it be and save the rest for another day.

There was something I had left out that my uncle had warned me about and that was of Malick and how possible it was he could find all of us. Although my uncle had made sure to follow up quickly with the fact that we should be safe considering the many who are all out looking for him and whom happen to be surrounding this territory.

Today, I felt worried about my uncle mostly in how it would go with whomever he spoke to from the council. 

Despite all of that though, I decided I was not going to show my reaction and just try to enjoy the day with everyone - especially Cydni.

Throughout the day we all seemed to be a bit happier than we have been since we had arrived and it felt as though also we were forgetting about all the chaos that has been thrusted into our lives lately - it was almost like the good times before all of this.

Then after dinner was over, I had gotten a mindlink from my uncle. He had urgency in the tone of his voice along with a bit of fear. So I excused myself and went into the bathroom to continue talking with him.

He was not able to go into detail about things but made me trust him and agree into doing something I quite frankly was not too thrilled about. However, it seems I have no choice and to make matters worse, I can not tell anyone, most of all, Cydni.

After we were finished, I had to quickly gather my emotions at the moment and pull myself together before I walked back out towards the living room where everyone was waiting for me to start the movie.

When the movie was over, Cydni and I decided to both call it a night and headed upstairs where we ended up making love. And not like we usually end up doing but a long and more passionate love making and towards the end, before we both reached our climaxes, she begged for me to mark and make her officially mine.

Once we had finished and were laying in bed with her in my arms as I gently caressed the side of her arm, as she laid her head onto my chest, I felt like staying here forever and not moving.

I wanted to take her away from all of this. I wanted to give her and I a much better life than all of this. Yet, I know I can not just ignore any of this that is happening right now.

"Baby?" I heard her sweet and gentle voice say.

"Yes, my love?" I replied.

"Does having you mark me, does that mean I am able to have your abilities, like strength-wise and everything?" She asks.

"Well, nothing like that. I mean, for the most part, you already have the most important things down already such as being able to mindlink and such but this way, you will however, be able to hear better, and see things from a distance as well." I began naming off a few things.

"I was just wondering." She states while yawning.

"Go to sleep beautiful. You will be tired for the next few days and will need a lot of rest to allow everything from the mark to take full affect." I explained and kissed her on the top of her head as we both closed our eyes and started to fall asleep.

Within a few hours after finally falling into a deep sleep, I was awakened by the Moon Goddess mindlinking me.

I got up out of bed and decided to go out onto the balcony, closing the door behind me before sitting down and talking with her.