CHAPTER 6: What the Hell?!

REMINGTON

After that girl hit me, I was shocked. I wasn't sure how to respond actually. Normally, my immediate response is to quickly retaliate, but I couldn't hit her.

The next day at the academy, I had tried hard to find her. The calming and beautiful scent that invaded my nostrils last night was hard to forget.

Throughout the next few days I seemed to be having no such luck in finding her, yet I knew she went to the academy. So I eventually just decided to forget about it and maybe scared her enough when telling her not to say anything.

Tonight, the guys and I had decided to head over towards the beach after our classes, To a place where there is a small area near here that has a few small thrill rides along with other entertaining amusement for all ages, including arcades, food booths, etc.

I have always enjoyed (mostly out of curiosity) observing humans and interacting with them to learn things and I must say that this is one of those things I have discovered that is a lot of fun.

I even noticed that Sonya Perrigon was here with her covenant as my guys and I started walking around.

That Sonya, I swear. I never knew witches as evil and cruel as she is still existed really. I mean, sure there are always going to.be bad ones but her and her family always took it to an entirely different level that you wouldn't believe existed.

She came from a family of witches who thrives more in black magic, to which I try and stay clear of those kinds. I don't agree with others hurting others and getting their thrills off of causing harm to innocent people or just being an asshole/bitch because they have the ability and powers to do so. They shouldn't abuse their powers.

Then right as we walk around some more and do many different things for the next couple of hours, it gets to being close to closing time. However, before we leave, I notice suddenly, the girl I encountered the other night who saw me showing off and who I forced to swear she wouldn't tell anyone, walking towards the wooden roller coaster.

My wolf and I suddenly began to walk towards her direction.

"Where are you going, man?" One of my friends asked.

"Let's all hit the roller coaster before we leave." I suggested while continuing to walk towards the line she was now standing in.

We happened to be several people behind her and she seemed to be looking forward the whole time and not notice me behind her at any point.

Within ten minutes of standing in line, it eventually comes time to get on the ride, but unfortunately, we aren't in that group and have to wait for the next round.

I notice that she is one of the last to board and as soon as she starts walking towards the number to stand on where she will be sitting, the guy starts loudly talking to her.

"Hey, where's your riding buddy?" He calls out to her.

She stops and turns around to look at him with an embarrassing look upon her face.

"I don't have one." She says.

"Well we are about to close and it will take forever before we are able to close if we have single riders ride!" He exclaims, embarrassing her even more.

"Well I don't have nor NEED a riding buddy. Besides, the only person wasting time here is YOU yelling at me in front of a lot of people to make yourself feel better because you are just pissed off that you are forced to work this job and feel like a bigger man, taking it out on everybody else when YOU are the one who chose to work here!" She fired back at him.

Apparently he didn't seem to like the embarrassment she just caused for him but serves him right and good for her to stick up for herself. She definitely wasn't the way I had imagined her being like and more timid - just as she was the other night.

She next turns and walks over towards where she will be sitting at and gets in then pulls the bar down on her lap.

Then before he could react, I quickly volunteered in being her partner. The guy looked at me surprised and as I passed by him, I made eye contact long enough to give him an instant migraine.

My friends all looked at me confused when I looked back and waved at them, but mind linked them that I felt bad and said I would wait when they were off it.

The moment I walked over and got in, lowering the bar onto my lap, she looked at me wide-eyed like she did the other night.

"This is just great!" She says.

"Hey, apparently we both are single riders and since that asshole up there has an issue with it, might as well." I told her.

The ride seconds later started to go and we went through a short tunnel at first before slowly making our way up the big tall incline of the coaster to the top.

Aside from the ride being so short, it was still a lot of fun and a couple of times I had noticed out the corner of my eye, Cydni gripping tightly onto the lap bar.

I know she's a witch and that she is very powerful and am surprised that this scares her. I wonder if it could possibly be because she is afraid of heights maybe?

Once the ride was over, we had gotten off and walked towards the exit.

She started walking off and I stopped her quickly.

"Wait!" I tell her.

She turns around and removes her hand from mine, in which I had not even noticed that was how I stopped her.

"What?!" She snapped at me.

"Don't I get a thanks?" I asked.

"I never asked you to volunteer!" She says.

Wow! Didn't expect this attitude from her.
So instead of making a scene, I just nodded in agreement.

"You know what, you're right!" I snapped back at her then let her continue walking off.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)