CHAPTER 47: The Worst Is Yet To Come.....

CYDNI

Within the next following days, none of us have heard from either the Moon Goddess or the Dean, whose name we found out was Raina. I always wondered if the Moon Goddess was born with the title being used as her name instead of an actual name or that was just what she preferred and turned out that she has always gone by that name.

The Dean, or as recently we also have learned not only she had a real name other than the Dean, but that she also preferred the title as The Head Mistress because it sounded better.

Either way, neither titles nor names really matter at the moment. All that we should be focusing on is the fact that we have not heard from either of them two and I can not help but feel like something is not right.

Meanwhile, it does not help that Remington's uncle has become more worried throughout the last several days - since Raina and the Moon Goddess had left.

Things were beginning to become a little bit tense in the fact that none of us have far enough distance to get away from each other for even just a little while.

I keep waiting for somebody to eventually explode while of course, deep down, hoping that does not happen.

Then as yet another day came and gone so quickly like always, I found it hard to stay asleep tonight.

So I decided to go and sit out under the stars on the back patio after making some tea.

However, I was struck with shock when I noticed standing in the kitchen was Remington's uncle, finishing up pouring himself some tea.

"I thought I was the only one who had trouble sleeping." He smiles.

"No. I too couldn't." I smiled in reply.

"Care for some tea?" He asked.

"Please. With some cream and little bit of sweetener." I replied.

"Ahh. You ever been to England?" He asks.

"No but I have always wanted to and the moment I had found online how they took theirs I tried it myself and love a nice hot cup of tea - their way." I chuckled.

"I do too. And it's nice there. Maybe you and Remington can go there after all this." He stated as he finished stirring up my tea for me.

I thanked him for the tea and then we both seemed to have the same idea as we started to walk towards the back patio where we sat down and enjoyed each other's company while drinking some tea.

While sitting there, I do not know what possessed me to even bring it up but I found myself asking a personal question.

"How long have you and the Moon Goddess been secretly together?" I tried to take it back but knew it would be pointless.

The silence between the both of us quickly became a little awkward.

"I am so sorry. I know that it is none of my business." I quickly try and tell him but he instead stops me.

"She is my mate." He begins. "We met when I was just sixteen years old and have been trying very hard to hide it ever since I finally have convinced her to allow her and I to be together."

"What, were you a bad boy or something?" I teased.

I heard him chuckle a little bit.

"No. It was just that....it was not allowed. The Moon Goddess is supposed to serve ONE purpose and one purpose only....to help others find their mates while she stays single.

"What?! That's bullshit." I remark.

"Yeah. That is exactly what I told her as well and had actually ended up turning down a couple of girls in my life before reaching my early twenties where I finally convinced her to accept fate. And we have been in love ever since." He finished with a smile on his face as if he was remembering something nice.

"You both do make a great couple, you know and I swear I won't say anything to anyone, not even Remington." I assure him.

He looks at me with a smile and thanks me as he takes another sip of his tea.

"You see, this is why her and I have been waiting for something to happen that would change the laws. For many years, that is why Remington's father had tried his very best to change the council's opinions on the matter, along with many others but, he unfortunately failed." He explains.

"Is that why you have been so hard on Remington? And is that what you and the Moon Goddess are being very adamant in having me and Rem be together?" I asked.

"Well, to answer your first question, yes, that is partly why and no, that is not entirely the reason as to why we have been so adamant in both of you trying to go through with this. Besides, we plan to stand by you both and even announce our relationship to the council at the same time you all do too."

"My god, why does this have to be such a big deal to where we could possibly hurt somebody severely or and cause a war?" I asked out loud.

"I know this sucks. But I promise you, that no matter what, I will NOT allow Remington to take full responsibility if things turn for the worst with all of this." He reassures me.

"Thanks but, you are not allowed to pull the 'hero' card neither. We are all in this together. No matter what." I tell him.

We end up sitting there for a while longer until we finish our teas and hug each other 'goodnight' before heading off to bed.

Why do I have a feeling the worst is coming soon?! I must read that book I got from the library....SOON!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)