CHAPTER 21: Romance Of A Lifetime

CYDNI

The fact that I was going on a vacation PERIOD was exciting enough for me. Then to add on the other amazing fact that I was going with my boyfriend - the first one I have ever had.

Never did I imagine I would be at where I am today in not just only going to this Academy but to also have a boyfriend. I thought for a while I would have to eventually try and create a spell that could make one.

The days went by fast and Morgan had left late last night as I didn't catch much sleep from being too excited about going away this morning for the entire Winter break with Remington.

He still would not tell me where it was we were headed towards until I noticed after realizing, three hours after we started this trip, mountains covered in snow. 

"Oh my God. Are we seriously going to the mountains?!" I asked.

"Yes we are. I rented a cabin." He smiled at me before moments later exiting off the freeway.

"Holy shit! Thank you!" I tell him with so much excitement and throw my arms around him to hug him tightly and give him a kiss as soon as we stopped at a stop light.

We first went towards the grocery store in a small village where every shop was family owned that have been here for many generations. There was one main grocery store along with clothing store, a barbecue restaurant as well as a few more shops and a cafe. It was cute and filled with all humans.

Although nobody knows us or what we are, I still feel deep down a little bit like an outsider. I especially feel like one as I noticed a lot of people looking at Rem and I as we walked into the grocery store and walked out.

However, I quickly pushed all of that nonsense aside and focused on where we were headed at this very moment.

The cabin was located near the top of the mountain and was the only one on this isolated road in between trees that eventually lead to the most beautiful cabin I had ever seen.

The minute he set the car into park after pulling up in front of the place, I was right away taken back a little as I got out and looked in amazement at the beautiful structure.

The snowy mountain range in the distance past all the trees that surround this property is mesmerizing to me. I feel almost as though I am standing on the set of a movie. The cabin looked to have been made a very long time ago with icicles hanging along the edge of the roof all around. Christmas decorations were already out up and had gotten me excited to see how much they lit up the cabin out here at night time.

After grabbing our bags and heading inside, right away, I felt the sudden rush of joy again - something I hadn't felt since I was a little girl when my parents were alive (Christmas was our favorite Holiday).

This place was a cozy nice little cabin that had cute character to it with what looked to be all decorated with Christmas decor, including things like wreaths, a Christmas tree that you could smell the pine coming from, as well as the ornaments and string of lights in there as well.

From the kitchen curtains being of red all the way to the bedroom where we both started to unpack and put our stuff away before heading back out towards the kitchen and putting away groceries.

Then as soon as I had finished putting the carton of milk in the fridge, I felt one of his arms snake around my waist from behind and turned me around to look at him while giggling a little, right before kissing me.

"So, how do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it." I replied with the biggest smile I think I have ever given in a long time.

"Good! I made sure they had both the inside and outside decorated right before we arrived." He says.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Of course! I wanted you to have a great Christmas and be sure we did it right. At least that's how my parents always did it for me." He mentions.

"Thank you." I replied before giving him another kiss right before we both heard my stupid stomach growling loud enough to sound almost like it was talking to me.

"Hungry, are we?" He asked playfully as he half smirked and moved his eyebrows up and down.

"Starving!" I told him before I grabbed his hand and we headed back out to the car and made our way back down the path through the trees again until we got back into town and decided to try the barbecue place.

Throughout the entire time we sat there eating dinner and mostly focusing on us, I couldn't help but become quickly overwhelmed with people at us and making me worry of rather or not they knew about him and I not being human.

Remington - being the sweet and sexy man he is, sensed that I was nervous and trying to hold my composure and reached over the table to take my hand in his and redirect my attention back to him.

"Hey, don't worry. They will never know. These people more than likely all grew up with one another and whenever they see a few strangers come by, they start to become curious." He leaned forward to tell me.

"Makes sense. In fact, I'd probably be the same way." I replied.

That made me feel really good. HE made me feel so much better.

Once we finished and headed back to the cabin, he started a fire. Well, more like tried to but the matches weren't doing it fast enough and I was freezing. Then as soon as he noticed I was cold, he used his hand to light the wood more and within seconds, we had a full fire going on.

Next he sat down with me on the couch with his warm sexy body and cuddled. Instead of turning on the TV though like we normally do, we decided to just sit there, looking at the Christmas tree all lit up enjoying the fireplace.

This was nice and more romantic than I could have ever imagined.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)