CHAPTER 49: A Fact From The Past

CYDNI

Throughout the next few days, after Remington spoke with his uncle, I have noticed Rem has been holding back some things - mainly details.

His demeanor has changed a bit as well that has been shown through him trying hard to hide how he feels when I know otherwise.

I believe that sometimes he forgets I am a witch and know things about people, before they even know about themselves.

Today however, his uncle had announced during breakfast that he was leaving to head towards the wolf council and try to speak with some of them and would return in several days.

Once he was gone, I had taken that opportunity to head upstairs and take another look through the book that my parents had left for me.

I was not in the bedroom, taking a look through the book for no longer than a few moments while sitting near the window before I heard the door open and in walked Remington.

"There you are." He says while closing the door behind him.

"Yeah. I was just looking through this book again." I replied.

"Find anything new?" He asks as he walks over to me.

"Not really." I tell him.

I sat the book down as he came and sat across from me on the sitting bench.

"Then why don't you come downstairs and maybe we can watch a movie?" He suggests.

"Maybe later. In fact, I wanted to talk with you." I mention.

He lets out a sigh before saying something.

"Please. I can't tell you." He states.

"Why not? I thought you and I were in all of this together?!" I exclaimed.

"We are." He says with guilt in his eyes as he leans forward and takes my hand in his.

"Then why can't you tell me what you found out?" I asked.

"Because nothing is for certain yet. I am waiting for my uncle to return and hear what has been said then will explain everything to everyone." He says with plead in both his voice and eyes.

I can not help but feel hurt and almost as if he does not trust me.

Next I remove my hands from his and stand up and try to hide how I am feeling.

"Is it because we have not made our relationship official?" I randomly think to ask.

"What?" He asks.

"Is it because you have not marked me, that I can not know what is happening? Because of that is what is causing you to not trust me enough to confide in me about things that may be coming to us and things that we all should know - especially me, then mark me." I come right out and tell him.

He looks at me for a moment a little bewildered then stands up and walks up towards me.

"Cydni. Marking you is not a factor in the reason as to why I can not tell you what was said between my uncle and I. And I don't need to mark you in order for me to trust you. Besides, you already have the ability to mindlink me and sure, of I were to ever mark you, you would have what is werewolves have for abilities, only stronger since I am an Alpha. However, I swear that that none of that has anything to do with it." He tries to reassure me.

Now, for the most part, I do believe him. Then there is the other part of me though where at the same time it is telling me there is something that needs to be said and that I can tell he wants to say but doesn't mention a thing.

"Fine! Don't tell me then! Whatever!" I told him, agitated while rolling my eyes and turned to try and storm off but he stopped me and grabbed my wrist to turn me to face him.

"Please!" He begged.

I struggled to try and break free from his grasp but it was of no use.

"Let me go! I don't want to be near you right now." I try and tell him but he still does not let me go.

"Stop it!" He tells me assertively. "Alright, I will tell you." He states.

I look at him for a moment to make sure he was not just saying that he would but then does not.

"Okay then." I replied as I sat down on the bed before he sits down across from me back on the bench.

"Just to PROVE that I trust you and know you won't say anything to anyone, I'll tell you." He paused for a moment and lets out a breath before telling me.

"The one who attacked you that one night in your room at the dorms, my uncle believes that he knows who it is and how they were released. It is very old. It has been on this earth for centuries. Then was put into confinement and was supposed to die there but never did. When he came back, it was with a vengeance and needed to recruit others who could help destroy all council's and enslave others, especially humans and kill all those who tried to stop him. Your Aunt was one of his first recruits. He tried getting your parents to but of course they did not. So he sent some...." He stops himself and I can tell is holding back tears along with anger.

"Some what?" I feared in asking.

"Some of his recruits to make sure they paid the price for ever turning him down. He wanted to take you but they fought and...." I stopped him as he struggled to continue.

"He had my parents killed." I finished under my breath.

"Yes." He says.

It took me a minute to think before asking him something I was afraid to ask at the same time.

"Who did he send?". I struggled to ask.

He looked at me and again had so much guilt followed with some anger as he uttered the words......

"The Head Councilman of the Wolf's council as well as.....my father." He finished saying.

There was much more that he wanted to tell me but at the moment, all I could think about was what he just now said with my parents. Whatever else he has to tell me will have to be later when I catch my bearings and decide to hear more.

Never in a million years would I have ever guessed such betrayal would be behind my parents death.

I decided I will be doing another chapter before stopping this and preparing for the sequel. When I get a title for it and know when I will start posting for it, I will of course announce it onto my Message Board here and I am sure you all will enjoy it. :) But next chapter for this story will be posted on Friday (aka in 4 days). Since it is Monday my time. Lol.