CHAPTER 41: From Here On Out

CYDNI

While I was tending to Morgan's wounds, I could not help but feel some sort of guilt in her getting hurt while starting to protect me.

After I was finished cleaning up a bit, I tried to finish up by wiping the sweat off her forehead with a wash cloth, she began to apologize.

"I am so sorry. For everything. And I should have stopped my mother." She began.

"I already told you that I forgave you. That's why we are trying to start all over again." I tell her.

"No. Not just for throughout the years. For not being strong enough to have fought her back today." She started to tear up as did I.

"It's alright. It's over now. Besides, I should be the one apologizing for burning your mother." I tell her before looking away and wiping the tears.

We sat there holding each other's hand while shedding more tears and her apologizing more then by the end, telling each other 'I love you' before I stood up and left to leave so she could rest for the next few hours until the Dean was to come and speak with us.

After closing the door quietly and wiping away my tears, the moment I turned around, I noticed Remington and his friends, besides Reece and Damon who were still away grabbing our things from her place, were looking at me with sympathy.

They all seemed to have been talking about something until I came walking out and they had stopped.

I saw Remington start to stand up and place his hands inside of his front jean pockets.

"How is she?" He asks genuinely concerned.

"She's alright. To be honest I'm not sure how much longer though." I tell them.

There were many thoughts running through my head, including Remington and suddenly I started to feel myself nearly break down.

However, before I did, I made sure to excuse myself quickly before walking outside onto the balcony and sit down with my arms wrapped around my waist to hold myself as I rocked back and forth a little and started crying more.

There has been so much that has happened in what I consider to all be in a short amount of time and to make matters worse, something is after me and everybody at the Academy now knows my true identity and who knows what the witch council will do with me, especially after burning my aunt. There is just no excuse for what I did. Lowering myself to her level, it does not make me better and has me now thinking if rather or not it was in self-defense.

Then now there's Morgan who I don't know if whether or not she will survive the attack. After all, I had only limited sources of ingredients in my bag and the shop I go to is closed forever.

I suddenly begin catching myself and try to wipe away my tears the moment I heard the sliding glass door open and I knew right away it was Rem.

"I don't want to bother you, but I just wanted to make sure that you were okay." He says.

"I'm fine." I managed to barely say through sniffling.

"Cyndi, I know that I fucked up. I know that I hurt you and will always live with that regret. Now is not the right time, I know, in telling you all this but, I love you. I always will love you. And I'm not sure what the Dean will be telling us and I know that she may still suggest we all leave together somewhere safe and aside from how you feel towards me, I promise that me and my pack will protect you. I just wanted you to know that. So if there is anything you ever need, I will always be there for you, even if we're not...you know." He finished after struggling to even get all of that out.

That's when I broke down more and began to try and quietly sob until I heard him place something on the table next to me.

The moment I saw it was the bracelet I had given him a long with my necklace he had gotten for me and I had returned, It was at that very second, that I needed him. I missed him and love him as much as he still does towards me.

I next grabbed both of those and got up to stop him from going back inside and turned him around to hug him tightly and continued to cry into his chest.

"Please don't leave me. I love you. I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

I felt his arms hold me tighter than before and immediately felt his embrace make me feel safe again.

"Baby, I love you too. I promise I'll never leave you again." He tells me.

We both pull our heads apart for a moment to look at one another and he gently caresses the side of my face with the back of his hand as we look into each other's, eyes before we start sharing a long and passionate kiss that has been overdue.

Remington had helped put my necklace back on me while I put his bracelet back onto his wrist and promised never to take them off again.

Once we were done sharing a moment or two outside, we made our way back in to where we saw Reece and Damon had returned and brought back some early dinner before the Dean arrived.

"It's about time you both kissed and made up. We have enough shit going on already that we don't need to add anymore." Damon half-teased while at the same time, Reece glared at Remington in a serious threatening way.

Although this all may be happening too fast or and does not even make any kind of sense, I have to admit that I am not going to fight it.

No matter what happens, even if we become outsiders, rogues or whatever the others decide to call us in the end, I would not want to be surrounded by anyone else other than this group of people for the rest of my life.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)