CHAPTER 2: Welcome Back

REMINGTON

"I already told you and this is the last time I'm going to tell you! You are going back to the Academy and are going to graduate this year or else you won't be getting the Alpha title OR my position in the council! Not to mention the deal you had made with the Moon Goddess!" My Uncle yells at me for the thousandth time.

"This is bullshit and you know it! Not to mention YOU made the deal with her, NOT me!" I snapped back at him.

"Do not take that tone with me! The discussion is over! FINAL!" He growls.

"Well how the hell will I know when...." I started but he interrupted me.

"You'll know!" He says with finality.

"Fine! I'll go! But let's get one thing straight. I am the best fucking Alpha there is and I will prove to you once and for all that I deserve my title and YOUR spot in the council. Which, might I add, that you are only holding in place because of my late father!" I reminded him furiously.

"How can I forget when I have you keep reminding me nearly every day for the last ten years!? However, you too remember who has kept you out of confinement. In fact, that is why you didn't graduate last year from after that incident and is why you are now returning to the Academy as your last chance to prove to mainly the Elders and rest of the Wolf Council." He throws back in my face.

"Whatever! This is bullshit!" I stated.

Then before he has a chance to reply, I hurry and stomp my way out the door and grab my duffel bag I had packed, before heading out towards my motorcycle and started peeling out the driveway towards the Academy.

Despite everything my Uncle said back there and how annoyingly it is difficult for me to admit it, he was right. If it wasn't for me getting into trouble last year and having a tiny record with disobeying certain rules with the Academy, I wouldn't need to go back and would have graduated last year and be done with it. But it didn't turn out that way, obviously.

I guess I do have some advantage though because of how much knowledge I got from last year and remember still to this day, that this may not be so bad after all. Plus, it'll be good to see some of my friends that were in a year before me. This way I guess, we can graduate together.

Besides, I know my reputation still must exist there.

After pulling up and parking my motorcycle, right away the looks and glares began, followed by the whispers and the gawking from women.

I liked the attention and all but was running late a little and needed to check-in.

"Okay so because you have arrived late, we have only one room left and your roommate has already arrived." She says while handing me a welcome packet.

"No thanks. I know the drill. But as far as me having a roommate, are you sure? I'm Remington Hemsworth and I am sure that my uncle had pre-booked me a room and specifically requested that I don't share with anyone." I mention.

She looks at me for a moment with a glare and then becomes a little annoyed and seems to not care too much.

"Well, I'm sorry but apparently he never did. Otherwise, I would have saved the last one for you." She fakingly smiles.

I quickly close my eyes and take in a deep breath then let it out to show my frustration. However, little does she know that while I was doing that, I really was adding to the computer, the change. Yes, I am a Hybrid between Sorcerer and Werewolf and one of my abilities is I can manipulate things, including technical stuff.

I next do what I do best and turn on my charm by smiling and leaning forward a little so I was a little closer to her and started working my charm.

"I'm sorry for coming off rude. But can you please do me a favor and check one last time, beautiful?" I smiled as sexy as I could and it took her a moment before I noticed her blush and then begin to smile and apologize herself for being rude.

She begins clicking away on the keyboard of the laptop and then a moment later, starts apologizing again after looking at the screen with a look of bewilderment on her face.

"I don't know how I missed it but, you're right Mr. Hemsworth. I see that he did reserve the top floor for you to live in." She starts grabbing a key from a drawer and hands it to me.

"Thanks...." I started to say and she told me her name.

"I'm Joanne." She smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Joanne. I greatly appreciate your help." I winked at her. "I'll see ya around." I tell her before I head up the stairs.

After I make myself comfortable inside my new place, I begin mind-linking some of my friends who I haven't seen in a while and they mention about a first-day-back party they were throwing where they were staying at.

I hurry to get cleaned up and dressed before heading over and I got to admit that I was glad I came back. To see these guys again was priceless and this time, maybe even try and see if they would want to be the first ones to join my pack.

The party was lit and everyone was having a great time, showing off their abilities, talking, laughing, drinking, dancing and hooking up even.

Turned out also that my friends and I had all the same classes. Yeah, this year was going to be the best, for sure.

Several hours had passed by and although the party was still going strong and not close to dying down, I for one felt like I needed to leave. So that's what I did and headed back to my place.

Along the way, I was stopped midway from the sounds of some guy calling out for help. Immediately I started sprinting in his direction where I noticed he was surrounded by a few guys who were taunting him and began throwing punches at him.

"Hey, what the fuck is going on here?!" I asked once I made my way towards the guy on the ground who I could tell was in his first year. I helped him up.

"This isn't your business." One guy spits at me.

Once I turned around and they saw me, they gasped in fear. I am used to that attention because they know I could easily take them all out.

"I say it is." I tell them. "I suggest you guys leave now before I make all of you regret it." I warned them.

"Fuck you Rem." The guy who looked to be the leader said. "I'm not afraid of you. You're not hot shit. The only reason you were allowed back here was because your uncle paid them a fortune." He spat towards me.

Without saying anything, I stepped forward and right away began throwing blows to his jaw and the rest of his face without taking a break in between.

His friends began jumping me from behind to try and take me down but I wasn't going down without a fight. I didn't stop moving my arms and moving around, making it more difficult for them to get me.

Soon after it started, I finished it! Leaving them all with a good amount of damage but not as severe as it could have been, considering I needed to hold back before getting into trouble. Instead, it was just enough to give them a message.

When they all had taken off, I turned and asked the frightened kid if he was alright. He just thanked me and then started walking away.

Well, this was a good 'welcome back' homecoming.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)