CHAPTER 37: The Truth Hurts

CYDNI

Feeling not entirely sure I could trust everything we were being told by Morgan at first, but by the time she had finished telling us all that she had, I knew she was being honest. There was no doubt in my mind that what she was saying was legit as well as her feelings.

After calming her down a bit, we had set up an inflatable mattress in the spare guest bedroom before Damon, Remington, Reece and myself all sat down at the dining table and went over all that had recently just happened today.

"How are you holding up?" Reece asks.

"Honestly I don't know." I reply while running fingers through my hair before folding my hands and resting my chin on them.

I'm not even entirely sure I still believe all that happened today. I mean, I trust her and all but....I just don't know. Maybe I'm just feeling overwhelmed that I can not think too clearly right now.

"Well we need to find some kind of answers and soon. Because if your aunt needs to be added now to the list among that 'thing' from that one night who almost tried killing you as well as Malick, then we need to figure something out quick." Remington had suggested.

"Who the hell is Malick?" Damon asked.

"Yeah and what thing that almost killed you, when?!" Reece asked.

We began to explain what all had happened and when we were finished telling them, I started realizing something.

"What? What is it?" I heard Remington ask with concernment.

"I just realized I haven't seen or heard from Leo in a while." I mention.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him around school lately neither." Reece commented.

"Tomorrow we'll try and find him. Maybe we'll get some answers." I suggested.

We all decided that from here on out we would all stay together. Except for Morgan, she would rest up here and after giving her something to drink with a few herbs that I had, she should be healed by tomorrow night or the day after. So we next all ended up falling asleep.

*********************
A Few Days Later

Things for some reason have been feeling a little strange and every day it seems that everybody else has been acting strange as well.

Morgan indeed had gotten better and we have had her stay with us ever since. She has been acting like a completely different person ever since we talked and although I am still not entirely sure I can still trust her, I am appreciating this whole new thing she is trying out in being nice and hope it does last.

Today we have heard the Dean had returned and so Remington and I mind linked during our second class of the day that after we finished with our last course we would meet up at her office and go in to see her together.

Once the last course was over with, I had told Reece, Damon and Morgan to meet up with us at the diner across the street from the supply shop and we will all have dinner tonight then try to go over a plan on what we should do next.

When I arrived at the Dean's office I walked into the waiting room and noticed the secretary was nowhere in sight and so I figured I would just sit down and wait until she had returned but then when I looked up and noticed there were five figures in the Dean's office and heard a few familiar voices, I thought I would knock and see if I should be in on this conversation.

Then right when I got close enough to knock on the door, I had stopped myself as soon as I heard an unfamiliar older female voice, whom I quickly found out from the Dean calling her the Moon Goddess.

"Now you listen here and you listen very carefully. You were not meant to fall for her. Your job was only to find her and protect her. Now you have done nothing but complicate things beyond reason. You both will never make it." The Moon Goddess tells Remington.

"I know but, I love her." He says and suddenly I am startled by the Dean's secretary walking in and greeting me.

"Hello, Cydni." She smiles.

Then as soon as I heard the door knob to the Dean's office start to turn, I hurried out the office as fast as I could while ignoring Remington yell out for me as he chases after me.

Eventually he catches up to me outside and grabs my arm then turns me to face him.

My eyes are so blurry from the tears that I can not even see his features clearly.

"Cydni stop!" He shouts.

I try and push him away but he grips onto me tighter.

"Let me explain! Please. It isn't what you think!" He starts to say.

"Oh really? What is it then? Because as far as I can tell, you were only allowed to come back to the Academy as long as you protected me after finding out who I was. Then what happened, you truly fell for me along the way? Is that right?! Let me guess, you are expecting me to forgive you because you fell for me in reality?! Yeah! Please! Spare me the bullshit! You are nothing but a LIAR and a piece of SHIT! Stay the hell away from me! I fucking mean it!" I manage to snap back at him before sniffling and then hurry to take off before he has a chance to stop me again.

I quickly run towards the diner and see Reece and Morgan laughing with Damon before they all looked out at me and they came hurrying outside.

"What's going on?" Reece asks.

"It was all a lie." We're the only words I could manage to get out before sobbing.

"Oh shit. He told you." Damon says.

I looked up at him in disgust.

"You knew?" I asked him in hopes I didn't hear him correctly.

"Cydni, please..." He starts to plead like Remington and then before I had even a second to question and see if Morgan and Reece knew, they both gave me the answer when they reacted.

"What the fuck is she talking about? What the hell did you know?!" Reece demanded from Damon while pushing and poking at him to tell her.

"I'm gonna kill that mother fucker!" Morgan states.

"Guys I just want to go somewhere else please." I beg them.

While walking off, Reece offers to have us stay with her while she grabs our things in a few days. Though before taking off when she does, I make sure to have her make sure to leave at his place, the necklace Remington had given me.

All of this could not have come at a worse time. Then again, that is the story of my life.

Next chapter will be posted soon :)