08. Always treated right

After a sleepless night, I have been dealing with getting messages and calls from Thomas the whole morning

After a sleepless night, I have been dealing with getting messages and calls from Thomas the whole morning. He is "frustrated" that I don't text his sick ass back, and I wonder if he knows that I caught him and Isabelle yesterday.

But I don't care. He doesn't care about me, and his texts wanting to know about my acceptance letters are just as fake honestly. Or maybe he just wants to know if I get out of town so he can fuck my best- ex-best friend while I am not here.

I decline his call once again as I grab my bag and head down the stairs to leave the house. Once I step outside, the warmth envelops me and the sunbeam leaves me blind for a second. A cold shiver runs down my spine, probably from the sudden temperature change from the inside of the house and the outdoors.

Just like every morning, Liam is parked with his car, patiently waiting with his music blasting through the speakers at an unbearable volume. From afar I recognise the familiar lyrics of Ozone from no other than Chase Atlantic, which makes a tired smile form on my lips. At least I know I can always count on him to make me smile.

When he sees me walk down the steps of my house, he rolls down his window which makes the music resonate louder than it should be allowed and he taps the side of his car to tell me to hurry.

I see a glimpse of a frown grow on his face, as his eyes trail down my figure, examining the clothes I usually don't wear. But he is quick to cover it by shooting me a lopsided smile.

Just as I grab the door handle of his car, another vehicle stops right in front of us in a brutal manner. My head shoots up at the sudden action and my heart drops to my stomach when I recognise the familiar figure stepping out of his car. Please no.

The image of him and Isabelle yesterday flashes in my mind again, which makes bile rise in my throat once more.

Thomas slams his door close as he approaches me with big steps and I can't help but to look down at my hand on the door handle as I just want to open it and leave with Liam. But I am frozen.

"Babe ! You haven't been answering my calls." His voice rings in front of me, getting closer and closer by the second. " I thought something happened again for Christ sake !" He exhales loudly as he is now only a step away from me, referring to the accident I had a few months ago.

I still haven't been able to look him in the eyes. I am scared.

That's until I feel his burning warm hand touch my arm and I immediately jerk away from him. With wide eyes, I cross his confused look, but I force myself to keep my gaze on him.

"Are you oka-" he starts, worry laced in his voice as he attempts to grab my arm once more. Or should I rather say, fake worry?

"I'm fine," I sharply cut him off and open the door of Liam's car. He has been closely examining our exchange, ready to jump in, in case something goes wrong.