43. Shattered

He tugs at my arm again, but I barely feel it anymore

He tugs at my arm again, but I barely feel it anymore. The only burning sensation that is truly breaking me right now is the one in my heart from Rhys's eyes staring at me as Thomas drags me away.

The love in his eyes is nowhere to be seen. Those cinnamon eyes are simply empty, filled confusion and questions.

"What is up with you, baby?" Thomas grits out, as he brings my numb body back to my room, where Isabelle is sitting on the couch, worried. She gasps when she sees me in Thomas's arms, immediately jumping up to get to me. Her lips move but I don't hear her, she is far gone just like everything at this moment.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

"Get out Isabelle." Thomas grits out. His only focus is on me, she obeys his harsh order, leaving me with him. Alone. "What's wrong with you, Ana. You're acting crazy."

My eyes linger on the floor, not once looking up to him. I feel displeasure radiate from him, before his grip is suddenly on my face. He tilts it upwards, forcing me to look at him. "Look at me when I talk to you and answer the god damn question."

"Let me go Thomas," I spit right back at him, but his grip only tightens around my neck.

"Cheater." The word flies past me lips, my grey eyes shooting daggers. At first, he looks taken aback, and just for a second his grip loosens. Only a second.

A cruel laugh escapes Thomas' lips and the next thing I know, my head jerks to the side. A burning sensation radiates from my cheek, the exact spot where he slapped me. "That's a fucking lie. Don't you dare accuse me of that."

Those words. They are the exact same ones he said when I told him that he was a cheater the first time. I remember that moment as clear as day. But how-

"What happened?"

I recognise that voice, it's the only one that I can bare to hear right now. So slowly I drift out of my head, my eyes cross the ones from Liam which hold a sense of alarm in them. They should, because frankly I don't know who I am anymore.

"I left you with her for one second and this happens. I told you to not fucking leave her side Liam. She is crazy and-" Thomas's voice fades in the background, he sits back up away from me. My cheek still aches, I wonder if his hand left a mark I think as I stare at the white tiled floor.

"I dare you to finish that sentence Spades. Call her that again and I swear I'll fucking break that head of yours if you do." The air is thick between Liam and Thomas, so suffocating that even the smoke of a fire would do me better in this instant. But I know... Rhys would be able to shut it off...