09. Kissable inner devil

Spotify playlist is up angels ! It's My Aching Solace by jesse

My doorbell rings and my mother yells at me to get it. I force my tired body up from the comfortable sectional couch I have been spending quite some time on. I put the television on mute before jogging toward the door to open it, but if I knew who would stand there I can promise you that I wouldn't have moved on inch from that couch.

I shouldn't have listened.

When I swing the door open, a person that I have been ignoring for the past two days stands on my porch with tears trickling down her fucking cheeks. This has to be a joke. She is crying.

I intend on slamming the door in her face right as I open it, but in a swift motion, she puts a hand to stop me. She knew what I was going to do.

"P-please Ana just w-wait," She chokes on her sobs and I can't help the one side of me that wants to know why she fucked my boyfriend, to take over. I stare at her for a few seconds, debating with myself whether to give her the chance to talk to me or not. "Can we t-talk ?"  She breathes out, followed by a pathetic "Please".

"Just say what you have to say and get the hell off my porch Isabelle." I grit out through my clenched teeth that are near shattering if I squeeze them any harder together. 

I cover myself up with my cardigan before I step outside and close the door behind me. My mother shouldn't hear this conversation. I haven't even told her what happened. And I don't really plan on doing it, because she will probably find a way to blame me for getting cheated on.

"Look I want to say sorry for what I did... I don't even know why I hung out with Thomas..."

"You mean fucked him behind my back ?" I question ironically and watch her gulp in fear and guilt. "You shouldn't mess with him, Isabelle." I warn in a dry tone. "He is not who you think he is."

"I needed to get my mind off of things," she tries to defend herself in the most pathetic way. One I have absolutely no pity for.  "and you were so busy studying, I-" She suddenly shuts her mouth as if she chocked on her tongue. Funny how she turned the situation around right ? It's my fucking fault now because I was studying...

wait- what ?

"Studying ?" I breathe out with a dry laugh. "I haven't been studying much since March when I had the acc-" I cut myself short when the realisation hits me with full force.

I haven't been studying since after the accident. March. It's May now.

My gaze is fixed on her face, as she looks down, shame visible in her traits. She can't even bring herself to look me in the face.

"How long have you two been fucking behind my back Isabelle ?" I spit out this rhetorical question because I already know a part of this answer. But she keeps playing the mute.