29. Enough with the lies

This is a long one get ready

"Are you sure ?"

A soft chuckle escapes me as Ari presents the familiar question for the tenth time today. "Yes, Ari," I reply, well aware that my response has yet to convince him.

"I will see my parents, sign the papers for the apartment, and be back at the end of the weekend," I state as he reluctantly places another bag in the back of my trunk before closing the hood of my car.

"I don't like you going back there Storm," He tenses, grabbing my wrist as it reaches for the door handle of the car.

"Well, you don't have much of a choice," I state and peck him one last time on the lips and climb into my car, as he faintly mumbles some incoherent words right before I shut the door on him, waving goodbye one last time.

The vehicle slows as I approach the large golden gates that surround the all too familiar property. And without the need to ring the monitor, the gates open and my vehicle immediately goes through.

A smile grows on my lips when I see Rose running down the stairs as fast as she can as I approach the Raymond's mansion.

"Oh, my dear !" She squeals as soon as I step a foot out of my car, before embracing me in the warmth of her arms. "I've missed you so much."

"Me too Rose," I kindly smile at her, "How did you know it was me ? "

"The security guards know your car by now Lili." She mocks me, but only for a second as she identifies the look on my face. "He is inside of his office, go surprise him."

I peck her on the cheek before running up the stairs, excitement building inside of me to finally see him again. My legs speed through the house as fast as they can until I find myself in front of his door. I still.

And slowly I creak open the door, before peaking my head through it.

"Not now."

His head is hanging low above multiple files, all neatly piled up above each other, just like I would have expected of him. He doesn't even bother looking up as I make my way inside, but even from afar I notice his brows furrowing out of anger.

"I said not fucking-" his head shoots up suddenly as he starts speaking, but he abruptly stops talking as he takes sight of me. Surprise registers in his eyes as he slowly rises from his seat as if he couldn't believe I was standing right in front of him.

"Surprise ?" I mutter, my grin widening as I walk towards him since he is too stunned to move.

"Lils." He exhales and scoops me up in his arms as soon as I am within his reach. "You're here."

"I am Lee. It's me." I chuckle as he sets me back down, before cupping my face in his hands to get a better look at my face glowing with joy. "You asked me to come and here I am."