41. Enlighten the darkness

Hang on angels

Hang on angels

Fuck.

My body is slowly awakening from its slumber, bringing me back to consciousness. With my eyes still sealed shut, my limbs slowly seem to be connecting to my brain again to gain some feelings back. Along with a lot of pain and dizziness.

I want to groan out in pain, but my throat is so dry that it would surprise me if a single noise would even pass my lips. Gosh it hurts. Everything.

It takes me a few attempts to crack my eyes open, immediately attacked by the white light in the room. But I don't know any of the surroundings.

White walls. Bright light. White sheets. Wires... I'm laying in a hospital bed.

I try to remember the last events to understand why the hell I'm here. Last time, I checked Raya and I were driving...

The accident.

Rhys...

I remember his face hanging above mine, blood running down his head along with tears. No...

I frantically look around but there is not a sign of him. Not a sign of anyone actually. And I know that if he would be alright, he would be here...waiting for me to wake up.

I got you. Always. I promise.

He wouldn't lie.

My eyes fall on my arm were an IV is puncturing my skin, and I rip it off in one go. The beeping of my heart monitor seems to increase in its frequency, but it stops in a long buzzing sound.  I took out the wire that was stuck to my body too.

I need to know if Ari is alright... and Louis. Oh gosh Louis... no no no! I remember him being held in Rhys's arms, limp and bloody.

I try to swing my legs out of the bed, but they feel so heavy. No one is around to help, I need to know that he is okay...

Everything hurts so bad that my vision becomes blurry with tears again. I stand up, but in a second my balance is gone. I reach for the nightstand beside me, but all I manage to do is send everything crashing to the floor, shattering it into pieces.

My knees buckle and I fall to the ground hitting them in the process. "Rhys..." A sob escapes my throat, my mind consumed by the need to know if they are alright.

I place my hands on the ground and muster every ounce of strength to push myself upright. As I do, the hospital room door swings open, followed by a sharp gasp from someone nearby, but I can't bring myself to care.

"Miss. Whitlock ! Oh my goodness, you need to lie down!" A nurse rushes to my side and tries to embrace me, but I resist her grasp.

"I-Where is Rhys? And Louis?" My voice is hoarse as I speak. Yet, the confusion that washes over the nurse's face tells me what I need to know. I need to find someone else that can help me.