31. Petite Princess

"Princess

"Princess." 

I snap out of my thoughts when Ari places his arm around my waist, facing our bodies towards Monroe's Place.

"I-" the words struggle to fall out as I stare at the diner I vaguely remembered when I saw its lights. " You... do you remember the scar on my stomach you once touched without knowing and it made me flinch ?"

"Of course, princess." He murmurs as if it was obvious for him to remember the morning I woke up in his bed and he was ready to leave for his game, but accidentally touched my painful scar.

I swallow the lump that is stuck to my throat before speaking. " I had a car accident this year... I can't remember anything of that night... but now... seeing the diner...I remember eating there."

Ari squeezes my hand to show his support before placing a soft kiss on the top of my head. "I want to go there, Ari."

"Then let's go." He doesn't even finish his sentence that he is already pulling me towards the entry. "I'll let Ostin know, princess."

"He's here ?" My eyes widen in surprise when he nods to my question, adding even more incomprehension to this night.

First, him showing up in my house out of nowhere, helping me out of my worst panic attack ever, then the diner and now Ostin in Hemfield ? Is this even real ?

I offer Ostin to join us at the diner for tonight to which he agrees and promises to be on his way as soon as possible. During that time Rhys and I already settle down in the diner, which seems vaguely familiar as we enter it.

I remember little flashes of that night but never seeing a full picture of it, but having the diner in front of me now gives me ease in some sort. Peace to my mind.

"Princess you have to tell me what happened back at your place." Rhys utters those words, his voice gentle.

I barely have time to sit down that he fires that question at me. He possessively takes my hand in his, as if it physically hurt him to not touch me and gently squeezes it. As his eyes gaze at my face, they slowly trail towards the bump in the corner of my head.

A look of anger flashes in his eyes, and slowly he grazes the bump with his finger, clenching his jaw from dislike.

I silently shake my head, unable to go through tonight's memory again, however, Rhys doesn't want to hear it. " You have to tell me, princess. Talk to me." His tone is demanding, his patience slowly fading. The urge to fight back is deep in my core, but I am so exhausted of fighting.

So I tell him. Tell him everything about my parents; my mother's alcohol problems, her abuse when she is drunk, my father cheating... everything.

Rage boils in his eyes through my whole explanation, and I feel his hand tremble under the anger just like back when we were outside of my house.