37. Nothing said

I did not just hear someone knock on my door

I did not just hear someone knock on my door. Yet, no matter how much I want this to be the fruit of my imagination, it's not.

Rhys snatching his gun from the back of his jeans tells me exactly what I was fearing. He looks at me with a cold look, silently telling me to stay out of this room and not move an inch. Like hell, I would.

He glides past out of my room, his gun in place, pointed at my entrance door. My mind runs a mile an hour, somehow thinking who is behind that door, but not ready to face it.

Another knock, more persistent, makes me startle, but Rhys doesn't as much flinch. He slowly approaches the door, giving me one last glance before his whole body covers the door as he throws it open.

Unwelcoming of any insight, I only hear the cork of two guns. I stop breathing.

"Where is she ?" The familiar voice is cold and void of any kindness I have experienced previously. It takes me a second for my mind to gather and make my body move, one that is still slightly dizzy from the alcohol.

But Rhys beats me to it, flickering his hand behind his back to tell me to halt my movements. He still hasn't lowered his gun and so hasn't Liam Raymond.

So Lee did hear my message when I called him and didn't start the call with his name. It did work, he hasn't forgotten.

My eyes are wide with realisation as I turn the corner I was hiding behind and finally enter the vision of Liam. Poison leaks from his gaze settled on Rhys, both of their guns still pointed at each other.  My mouvements catch his attention however and his piercing blue eyes finally settle on me.

I sway towards both of them and watch as Liam's eyes gaze at my entire body as if searching for injuries. However, with my eyes locked on Liam, I manage to stumble on my own feet and start crashing down towards the floor. My late reaction time stops me from actually realising that I am heading straight to it.

Well fuckidy fuck.

So all I do I shut my eyes and wait for the impact. But it never comes. Instead, two arms grip me, saving me from adding another bruise to my body.

I open my eyes and see one hand wrapped around my waist, while another is settled around my wrist.

One belongs to Rhys and the other to Liam.

Shit.

"You better get your hands off of her or you be praying to God to get you away from me," Rhys is straight on threatening Liam, but the latter doesn't back down. His smirk only grows.

"Let me put this straight," Liam enters the flat, not removing his hand from my wrist. He takes a threatening step towards Rhys while closing the distance between us. "Lils called me. Something is wrong and the only problem I see right now is you standing in my path to make sure she is alright. So either you back the hell up so I can get to her, or you can wait and see."