25. Above heaven

Warning : sexual content ahead

A cold wind hits my face when I push through the heavy double doors, my tear-stained-face immediately cooling down. Whilst I slowly start to regain my senses as I breath in fresh air, my muscles relax just a little and a faint pain appears in my stomach.

It must have been caused when I fell on the ground due to the push. So I lift my shirt with shaky hands, and see the reddish scar slashed across my stomach. The colour is way more prominent than it usually is and I hiss when I trace a finger over it.

"Fuck." I mutter under my breath, the last moments flashing back in my mind to create additional chaos I don't need.

"Storm."

I jump when I hear his voice right behind me, and I immediately let my shirt fall back down to cover the ugly scar. I shiver when I feel his rigid body right behind mine, our skins millimetres away from touching. But I can't bring myself to look up to him.

"Please look at me."

His words are so full with pain, it physically aches. "I need you to look at me Princess. Please."

His voice breaks in his last words, as if it was pure torture to let them go past his lips.

And I can't stand hearing that pain. One I know is hard to display in front of others. As if you are putting yourself naked for others to see and mock you.

I turn around before slowly tilting my head up to meet his eyes. A breath of relief escapes his lips when our gazes meet, and the next second he takes the last step to close the distance that was in between us.

And just like he did yesterday, two finger slide under my chin as he holds it, before he swipe away the tears that still stain my cheeks.

My heart aches.

This mouvement is slow, tender and gentle compared to the bloody fight he had just minutes ago.

My mind doesn't seem to understand that the same man that makes me feel so good is the same man that destroys the life of others.

And I don't want to accept it.

"Are you afraid of me ?" His breath caresses my face when he whispers those words and his eyes search mine, begging to get the truth out of me.

And the truth is that I don't know.

Am I afraid of Rhys ?

"You were about to hit me Rhys." I whisper and his hand on my face freezes. The same hand that was capable of hurting me only minutes ago.

And in a second his face becomes completely blank and he takes a step away from me, as if to protect me from himself.

He tares his gaze away, looking down at my stomach, where my hand was previously lingering.