19. Looks can kill

Raya dragged me into the crowd of the club, promising me that I would actually enjoy the night if I decide to let go of all that "tense" energy

She was right. With alcohol streaming through my system and music pumping against my eardrums, I barely hear the loud voices in my head. It's all a blur as I let myself enjoy the sensations that flood right through me.

This club is at another level than Silver's back in Hemfield. Back home you're supposed to be eighteen to get in, but here it's twenty-one, more luxurious and exclusive. Both clubs are similarly decorated, except that Golden has a focus on the deep colour of red. Additionally to their similitudes, their names match and it somehow makes me feel at home.

Raya somehow managed to get us inside with Ostin's help, and I'm absolutely thrilled that I agreed to accompany her for this night out. As a nineteen-year-old, it's technically against the rules for me to be here, but constantly playing the role of the good girl is draining. Tonight, breaking that pattern fills me with new energy. ready to embrace this night with open arms.

Especially now that a guy is rubbing his groin against my ass, holding tightly onto my hips to push me further onto him.

At first, it's enjoyable and teasingly amusing. His mouth explores my neck, his lips lightly nibbling into my skin, while a lazy smile spreads on my face. However, I underestimated my alcohol tolerance, which numbs my senses to a certain point, where I don't even notice his forceful hands roaming on my body. Neither does Raya who seems just as intoxicated as I am.

I don't realise the situation I jumped into until his hand slides one of the straps of my dress down. In the middle of the crowd. That's when an alert bell rings in my head.

With a sudden feeling of disgust and panic, I push the stranger away from me and attempt to turn and create distance, but he doesn't bulge. My panicked eyes slide over the bar where I know I would find Ostin, just like he told us he would stay to keep an eye on us.

His eyes are already glued onto me, like a dog on duty ready to bust the guy's head.

And unfortunately for me, a second dog joins his side at this exact moment. Rhys.

Hatred already fogs my look, but unlike something I would confess, seeing his familiar face, eases my state. However, it doesn't really seem to be a mutual feeling on his side.

A deadly look lingers on his fine face as he makes his way through the crowd, ready to kill me. In a suit may I add. A very fine-looking suit that is perfectly tailored for his trained figure. He is ready to kill me, but I think I'm already dead. His piercing look killed me the second I crossed it.

He reaches me in a second, making sure to grab my non-injured hand, before tugging me right behind his body to create a wall between the stranger and me.

"You'd better get the fuck out of this club before I see you touching any other woman in a disrespectful way again. And quick." I hear Rhys spit out the words as he steps closer to the man so he could hear him loud and clear. The second he finishes his sentence, I'm dragged out of the crowd to join Ostin, Raya eyeing this encounter with a befuddled expression.