24. Nauseous wave

The first period  is over and the guys are coming off the ice to talk to Coach Kamp and review some of their strategies

The first period  is over and the guys are coming off the ice to talk to Coach Kamp and review some of their strategies. Worry is nowhere in sight for the home team, since they are leading the game by two easy points against the others.

Nevertheless, rage is evident in Rhys's eyes when they cross mine. I can barely see his face under his helmet, but those brown eyes burn right through the crowd to find my face. And all I do is give him my biggest smile right back, even though I am just as pissed as he is on the inside.

That's why I took his jacket off again. During the game may I add.

And now he definitely wants to kill me.

Cold shivers are running up my spine because of the cold that is whipping against my bare arms, and for the third time, I have to deny Raya that ushers me to put the jacket back on.

But my anger against Rhys for acting like a dick to me earlier is bigger so I refuse to back down. He can't say what I can or cannot do.

"Oh you are so fucked, Whitlock." I hear Raya whisper next to me. Immediately, my head whips to the side to look at her, but it has no use as I realise what she is talking about.

Shit.

Rhys is coming straight toward the both of us at a determined pace, a look that could kill painting his face red from his previous efforts on the ice. His pace is awfully slow as he navigates his way through the row just below ours, never once averting his gaze from me.

Upon reaching me, Rhys positions himself directly in front, aligning our faces at the same height since he stands one row below, but scarily he doesn't utter a single word.

Not a single one.

I feel hundreds of eyes burning right through me when he harshly grabs his jacket from beside me, purposely brushing his hand against the naked skin on my arm. He takes me by surprise as his other hand firmly grips my wrist and tugs my whole body towards him.  A whimper unintentionally escapes my lips as I lose my balance and go crashing into his chest, which makes his eyes turn to a darker shade than the usual cinnamon colour.

His breath is warm against my cheek as he wraps his jacket around me while bringing a hand to the back of my neck to keep me firmly in place, without an escape. And with another single little pull, I am pushed further into his body, the firm hockey gear pressing against me, as he brings his lips to my ear.

"Keep that fucking jacket on princess. If you tease me like that again, you will regret it."

The next second he pushes me away from him, my eyes still wide open from utter shock at what just happened. I watch him walk away from me to go head back on the ice where are all his teammates are waiting already, the heat of his body still tainting my body.

I barely manage to take a deep breath from what happened, but now that he is gone, my brain seems to catch up to what just occurred.

And it looks like I am the only one catching up to what happened because all the guy's gazes are frozen on me.