45. Irreparable damage

Trigger warning: SH, su!cide

He was my last hope.

But that shattered in million of pieces the second he pushed me away from him again. I truly hoped he would see me. Understand that I needed him right there, but he was blinded by rage.

And that was my last straw. Especially after what happened last night.

It has been a day since I got home, and Thomas kept clinging onto me, even though I pushed him away. He didn't want to understand so, I went to the Raymond's mansion, only to find Rose sadly smiling at me. She was so emotional, glad that I made it out of the hospital.

But when I mentioned Liam, she told me he had a business meeting along with his father, and won't be back for another couple of days. She was surprised that he didn't inform me, but I reminded her that I no longer had a phone, thus no way of communicating with him. It got damaged during the car accident with the bus.

The first one.

That thought still traveled through my mind, as I walked back home through the quiet neighbourhood of Hemfield. Yet, the quietness and calm of the streets were not to be expected as I got back home in time for dinner.

Thomas, my father and my mother were seated at the table with dinner waiting to be eaten. I could feel their annoyance and anger radiating from their bodies as I walked in, an urge to bolt right out of the room buzzing deep in my bones. But I knew that I couldn't escape them.

"We were worried, Liliana," My mother remarked, as she started to pile food on the plates. "You should not run off like that again. Remember what happened last time. You nearly died."

And truthfully right now I wished I did.

I could not utter a word during dinner. Thomas's hand kept trailing over my thighs, a light but knowing touch, right out of my parent's vue. And I knew what he wanted, which made my stomach churn and made it impossible for me to swallow any food.

"I'm so glad to see you both together again. He was a real wreck when you were in a coma Liliana do you know that?" My mother's voice echoed in my head, over and over again, even as I made my way up to my room after dinner, numbness taking over.

I couldn't even move as Thomas locked my bedroom door behind me. "I missed you baby. I finally got you back now," He said, pressing himself behind me, before turning me around. " three weeks without you."

And before my body could anticipate it, his lips came crashing down on mine, simultaneously pushing me down on my bed. Immediately a flash of Rhys' face flooded my brain, giving me the energy to push Thomas off of me.

"NO Thomas! Get off." I spoke loudly, and he only sighed back, as if I was a burden. Yet, he continued, his hands traveling further down the waistband of my jeans, as I kept fighting him.