30. Unbreakable Promise

hi baby

hi baby.

"Captain is catching feelings," My best friend yells out as we both races on our motorcycles on the highway, both of our helmets connected to each other through a microphone so we can talk to one another as we ride. A gift I gave him since he wouldn't stop complaining about not hearing me on the motorcycle, best technology may I add.

I might regret it right now, he hasn't stopped teasing me about Storm since the beginning of our trip.

"And you better give a valid excuse to coach Kamp for not showing up at the quarter-finals to support the team." He adds in a burst of laughter.

"We got banned to play this game because of what happened last time, Ostin." I remind him, clearly still pissed about that.

We both got banned for starting the fight with the other team last time and because of that shit I can't play this weekend's game and neither does Ostin. As a captain, it fucking pisses me off because if we lose this game, we are out of the championship for the season. And I haven't worked so damn hard this season to bring this team to failure.

Hell no.

But I gave enough entail to my boys and I trust them to beat our opponents and lead us to the semi-finals.  Sadly I won't be able to attend the game.

I just can't.

Storm has gone home and it fucking drives me mad to know that she went back to Hemfield, so close to Thomas. Who knows if he tries to make a move on her the second he knows she is around.

I can't fucking risk it and sending some of my men to check on her is not enough. I need to make sure she is alright.

So I took Ostin with me, the both of us riding towards Hemfield right this second without letting Storm know.

What this woman makes me do...

"Man you have got to slow down." Ostin's voice resonates in my helmet when he sees me speed up my motorcycle as images of her play in my mind. I just need to be close to her again. Her tiny body wrapped perfectly in mine again.

I crave it badly.

I told myself I would just go to check on her from afar, ensuring she is safe, but I might just appear at her home tonight to make the surprise. To have her in my arms again. And maybe steal her from her parents to take her to the most expensive hotel in town I made sure to book for the weekend.

"Box box," Ostin once again interrupts my thoughts. He likes to refer to Formula 1 when we drive, and these specific words mean that he needs gas.