28. Kind-hearted

I let the cold water trickle down my skin

I let the cold water trickle down my skin. My burning skin stained from their bloody touch, which water is not able to erase. So I scrub and scrub in an attempt to scratch my whole layer of skin that has been violated.

This pressure, choking me, slowly nearing me to the death I have been running from. The death of my own mind.

I barely feel my body from the shivering freezing water that continuously flows over my naked skin, while I am sitting on the tile floor of his shower. He wouldn't leave me alone, he was still completely paranoid that someone would enter my flat again. Even if we both know that nobody would do that.

Him thinking that my new door is unbreakable, which is true, while I think that the person who wanted to hurt me is in the hospital.

With a stab wound. Multiple. And maybe dead.

Something Rhys did because of me. This is my fault. The second Reed will be out of the hospital, Rhys will land in jail. And it's my fucking fau-

"Storm ?"

Rhys's voice can be overheard in the water of the shower that has been running for too long now. Worry is clear in his voice, but I can't even bother to reply. I haven't been able to utter a word to him since we got out of the rink. Not a single one.

And I feel like he is slowly losing his mind, the longer I go without speaking to him.

So I turn the shower off. I hear his steps behind the bathroom door, becoming fainter and fainter, as he goes back to the living room.

My gaze blankly stays trained on the floor for a few more minutes, before I force myself to stand up. With shivering motions, I grab the clothes he laid out for me and take one look at my stomach. The scar has been scratched, and the little blood that was previously trickling down from there has now gone into the drain.

Without a second thought,  I cover it with a large hoodie, hiding a past under a piece of tissue that will always remain and will end up resurfacing. But I'm not ready. Not yet.

With small and silent steps, I make my way towards the living room where I can hear their voices filled with no other than hatred and anger. And before I get into the sight of the guys, a loud shattering sound echoes against the walls of the penthouse, making me freeze in my steps.

"FUCKING CHRIST ! I shouldn't have left her out of my sight ! I knew something was wrong."

Rhys's rage is overflowing, and my heart is beating at a rapid pace as fear to face him is catching up to me.