07. Witnessing hell

My eyes are fixed on Thomas's car in the driveway of Isabelle, as I stay seated in my car for a few seconds

My eyes are fixed on Thomas's car in the driveway of Isabelle, as I stay seated in my car for a few seconds. I tense my jaw, annoyance slowly building up inside of me when I think back to how Thomas ignored my calls and was here all along. I can't help the pinch of jealousy I feel for them hanging out together without letting me know. Feels great to be left out.

"They better have a god damn good excuse" I mumble under my breath as I step out of the car and start climbing up the stairs of Isabelle's mansion entrance. Unbothered to even knock on the door after all these years of coming here, I push the door open and step inside.

The quietness and emptiness of the halls never bothered me, and they still don't, but right now I wish I could hear something to lead me toward where Isabelle and Thomas are. The first place I go to is Isa's room, as it's the most logical place where I can think of, but I am left empty-handed.

I let out a grunt of frustration and yell out Isa's name for the third time now, but still don't get an answer back, only the silence from this empty house. After passing through the kitchen and living room, I manage to hear faint noises coming from the basement and I realize that it's coming from the cinema room they had built there.

I jog down the stairs and as I approach the movie room, I could hear a film playing becoming louder and louder by getting closer to it. Well thank you for inviting me, I appreciate being left out. The door is cracked open when I see it, so I peek my head through it, but it takes me a few seconds to find Isa and Tom in that massive room, especially in the darkness. Except when I see them at the far end of the room, I don't expect to see what I do.

At the sight in front of me, my body freezes completely. As I struggle to process the gravity of the situation, a sudden wave of panic courses through me, constricting my chest and robbing me of any ability to draw breath. The world around me fades into insignificance, leaving only the overwhelming intensity of the moment.

I feel like I just got stabbed in the heart. This has to be a joke, I must be dreaming.

There, at the far end of the room near the screen, the two people I thought were on my side are laying on top of each other on one of the couches.

Or to be more precise, Isabelle is getting the dick of my boyfriend shoved in her from behind.

I feel the color drain from my face and I have to catch myself up at the frame of the door to not faint. My hand flies up to my mouth as a sob escapes my lips and slowly I start stumbling backward as realisation hits me full force.

I can hear them moaning in the background as the movie keeps playing like it was nothing. My eyes shut closed, as a tear escapes them, the vision becoming unimaginably painful.

My boyfriend is fucking my best friend.

Bile rises up my throat as I barely manage to walk away from the room. I need to get away. Far away from them. They betrayed me, stabbed me in the back, and for god knows how long !